• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

The early church and the puritans compared

Followed the link and read several of Robert Perry's posts. He is articulate, I'll give him that, but he is very short on logic and reasoning. He also completely dismisses the Bible's authenticity. He eliminates God from every occasion, essentially considering that God is some higher force that speaks to him through CMPE's or coincidences.

Robert Perry will persuade many people to his fantastic point of view, particularly those who are already disillusioned with the God of the Bible and have rejected the call of Christ in their lives. He provides an unrealistic option for those who are willing to believe a lie because they are unwilling to accept God's truth. For these folks, it has to be all about them and their wisdom. In the worship and service of the God of creation, the God of the Bible, it is all about Him and we are blessed in the process and are the recipients of His grace.

Perry's infatuation with alternate historical sources is nothing more than a hopeful journey into the mythology of humanism, with a desparate hope to find something or anything that will not cause him to be accountable to a holy and just God.

Perry's overall attempt is to find a way around Jesus of Nazareth, messiah, christ, savior of all who will call upon Him. It doesn't work. I pray that he will stop evading Jesus and come to Him in repentance and faith before this life is over.

Perry's work is just one more of multitudes of attempts to glorify humanistic experience and elevate man to God's place and eliminate the God of creation and the Bible from our collective consciousness or at least relegate Him to the realm of mythology.

I suspect he is being influenced in his interpretation, by his perception of what the modern world's needs are, so he is bringing certain "baggage" with him, to the Gospel account, and that influences what he sees there. He wouldn't be the first person (and probably not the last) to do that. Me, I try to keep an open mind, in this sort of debate.

---Ryenwine

Back