• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

The Heretics Wife

Hello!
My name is Michelle and I am Joshua's legal first wife. He's on this board under the name Sixth_heretic. I am totally new to this and am absolutely terrified of it all. I joined this board to hear some of the other women's stories and try to find peace of mind with the whole polygny thing. Much like some of the other things I've read my fears stem from not being good enough and my husband not loving me the same if he has another wife.
Currently it is just the two of us but after a long talk we decided that the only way for this to work for us was for both of us to love the second wife.
Not just in a best friend kind of way, I think for me to accept this I need to be in love with her. God does not tempt us above what we are able and he gives us the desires of our hearts so I see that having a second woman join our family that she would hold traits that I don't get from my husband but want. And she would hold traits for him that he doesn't get with me. And vice versa, we'll be what she needs. It has to be an equilateral triangle. I am glad we came to this descision, I feel better knowing that he's going to take into consideration my relationship with this person. And not push someone on me that I don't feel I can be friends with let alone love.
I have a one year old daughter named Virtue Ester (prov 31 and the book of Ester!). We live in Washington and we live our lives as strictly as we can by what the bible says. If any man should take any of the prophecies from this book so shall his name to taken out of the book of life. I wear my hair covered and I try to be as submissive as I can to my husband (hey none of us are perfect :p).
So I would love to hear from some of the first wives, especially those that were not raised knowing this was acceptable. Thanks!

Love you babe. :)/P

Welcome,

You will find that there some wonderful women here that you will be able to talk to.

And she is one of them. my wife is awesome.

Back