• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

The idea of PM

We never found plural marriage to be un-Biblical or thought ill of plural marriage despite not being raised in a community or church where it was professed as acceptable. Our testimony of the "revelation" of plural marriage is that we never had a "revelation". Rather we discovered it plainly so early in life through studying the Word that we can't imagine how it could be objectionable. In depth study was only required in response to the objections of others attempting to find foundation through scripture warped by personal preferences.

Same here. Just reading the Bible at face value I realised as a teenager that if so many of the Old Testament men had multiple wives it couldn't be wrong. It's just so plainly obvious. So no great revelation moment there. However when I discovered this forum and realised there were a load of people in the West actually doing it, that was an eye-opener!

A few years ago my wife and I took in a friend and her children and I sought information on how to successfully manage the blending of two families, as I immediately saw how chaotic things might become. I figured "who would know better than a polygamist"? As I googled for forums, I fully expected to find only fundamentalist mormons. While I disagree with Mormon theology, you must admit that most of them are very aware of how to run a home.

Much to my surprise, I landed here on BF. After a few evenings of reading and checking what I read against the scriptures, I was in a constant state of shock that what I have heard from the Pulpit all these years didn't align with God's Word.

From that point forward I was a die hard Berean. I became an avid student of the Word and am no longer content to accept a teacher's lessons at face value without doing the bookwork myself. While I am not, nor am I likely to ever be in a plural marriage, my experience here has been a great catalyst for my faith and personal growth.

Back