• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

The Million Dollar Question

GeneKennedy

It has been very interesting living in a plural family, and as the husband I looked at Eph 5 about how the husband is to be Christ to his wives and how the husband's wives are to be as the Church and submit to the Lordship of the husband. Now that I have more than one wife I have an experiential knowledge that I did not have before. Sure, I knew in my head about the problems in the church, but now I have to deal with them in a real way, with real hearts and minds in the scope of my home.

Ladies, I have a question for you whether you are single, monogamous or even if you have a sister wife.
The Scriptures command the Husband to love their wives as Christ loves the church.

Now Ladies, when do you want your husband to start to do this? --------------- if your answer is now, then ya, you are a sane woman.

How long do you want him to keep this up? ---------------------- if you said forever then you are like every other woman that is looking for a good husband.

Do you want your husband to love you like Christ would even if you are not being so nice? ----------------------- And all the the woman on the planet earth said (YES)

OK ladies do not read on, it will not be fun.

The scriptures tell wives to submit to their husbands as they would to Christ.

Now Ladies, when do you want to start to do this? --------------- now what is your answer, is it (Now)?

How long do you want to keep this up? ---------------------- Did you answer (Forever) ?

Do you want to submit to your husband like to Christ, even if your husband is not being so nice? ----------------------- Now what are all the the woman on the planet earth saying is it (YES)?

Just some thoughts, now what do you think about this and more important, and always the million dollar question, is how will you change?

Ha, nice.

I guess if any woman answers no to those questions then the men here have found a good way to effectively narrow down the pool of available women.

I'm single, so I have to look at it from a different perspective. I'm young, but I've believed since early in high school that a wife is to be submissive to her husband. I wouldn't have been able to expand much on it at that time, but I did believe it. Thankfully, that makes my life with my future husband a bit easier than some women have experienced at the start. But, I'm still oh so human. I will face my trials. I think the best thing I can do while I wait is pray for my future marriage. Pray for a submissive heart. Pray for the courage and sense of security it takes to fully submit to another. Pray for the wisdom to understand that "I just don't know it all." And I also want to pray for a future with a man who won't take that submission for granted, just like I don't want to take his Christ-like love for granted.

But one thing that I imagine will help me when I am in that situation is to live in a place of thanksgiving. I can only relate this to my relationship with the Lord, at this point. When my humanity butts in and tries to take over and steer away from God's plan for me, I'm instantly brought back to a place of submission and repentance when I can muster a bit of thankfulness. I have this big, awesome God who has this big, awesome love for me. He has blessed me in more ways than I could even begin to count. I fully intend to have an incredible husband who has an incredible love for me, too.

Back