• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Meat The Most Important Commandment in the Bible, and the Most Ignored

Mark C

Seasoned Member
Real Person
Male
The Torah reading called "Vaetchanan" includes some of the most well-known commandments in all of Scripture (including the second witness of the famous Ten), and also the singular commandment which the Messiah said in Mark 12 was THE Greatest Commandment of all.

But this same section of Deuteronomy also contains perhaps the most ignored commandment in Scripture as well, and the combination also makes this reading a literal "instruction manual" for understanding "how to rightly divide the Word."

And, as a bonus, it's also a great tutorial on the "two wives" understanding (Jeremiah 3 and Ezekiel 23, etc) for those that already know why the fact that YHVH sent both into exile is still so important.

This would be Deuteronomy 4:2?
PS> That was one of the first points I addressed, but since when I teach midrash like this, I generally start (in two sessions) with the reading first, and some explanation, then a more "no holds barred," examination after that...

So here is a direct link (it's up there, but not probably not obvious to those who aren't regular listeners) to that part:

Back