• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

The New Middle Class...

Scarecrow

In the 1980s much of the 1793 Alexander Hamilton Trade Policy that made us a great nation was circumvented. Two of our main trade partners adopted these trade policies virtually unchanged and have become tremendously successful. Since the 1980s the demise of the middle class has been only a matter of time...and that time is almost up. It occurred to me that polygamous families might be what replaces the dwindling middle class. With two or three working adults and others to keep the home and children would this not be the very thing that replaces the monogamous middle class that is being wiped out? It seems that we will see the bigamy and anti-polygamy laws done away with in the near future; this being the case more individuals will consider this lifestyle due to the economic demands being placed on the family...your thoughts?

Very possible Scarecrow.

Even if the religious or Christian aspect is removed the economic benefits of this type of family is a very practical benefit.

i agree that it is possible and that in addition to the economic benefits there would be the social benefits of more face time between a mature family member and the children'

that being said, i do not believe that it can or will catch on fast enough to help save this late-great nation. it will probably be usefull (most things of our Creator are ;) ) in the future that rises from the ashes.

Even more wonderful news about America and its future today...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/41781471/ns ... inessweek/

"While the unemployment rate dropped to 9 percent in January, from a two-decade peak of 10.1 percent in October 2009, many of the jobs people are now taking don't match the pay, the hours, or the benefits of the 8.75 million positions that vanished in the recession"

The middle class, which has been decimated by the circumvention of the trade policies put in place in 1793, is systematically being eliminated. Now where will our short sighted, corporately owned government get its taxes from? Oh that's right...Obama just announced that he was cutting services and raising taxes on those that managed to survive so far. I can't help but wonder when the recent scenes in Egypt will be played out on the streets of America.

Scarecrow said:

I can't help but wonder when the recent scenes in Egypt will be played out on the streets of America.

Real soon, my brother...real soon.... not, just because of economic hardship, but because of the lies we've been fed

Scarecrow said:
It occurred to me that polygamous families might be what replaces the dwindling middle class. With two or three working adults and others to keep the home and children would this not be the very thing that replaces the monogamous middle class that is being wiped out?
Not just working age adults, but what about the older generation? If three or four or five retired adults (a man and his women) pooled their Social Security and other retirement checks, they could have enough income to live above the subsistence level. Maybe even get a decent motor home and go see all the grandkids every so often. :)

It seems that we will see the bigamy and anti-polygamy laws done away with in the near future; this being the case more individuals will consider this lifestyle due to the economic demands being placed on the family...your thoughts?
Brother, I certainly hope so. But since polygyny is a Biblically-accepted form of marriage, it won't be high on the priority list of lawmakers unless we, the people, can put enough pressure on them.

I hate to use this one, but it is true...homosexuality is becoming accepted, partially because of the "squeaky wheel" syndrome and partially because it is anti-Bible and anti-Christian. Our society, unfortunately, is rapidly moving further away from Christian values. :cry:

Back