• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

The (Only) Unforgivable Sin?

pebble

Hello, this is about the following verses...

Therefore I say to you, every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven men, but the blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven men. Anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man, it will be forgiven him; but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit, it will not be forgiven him, either in this age or in the age to come (Matthew 12:31-32).

Assuredly, I say to you, all sins will be forgiven the sons of men, and whatever blasphemies they may utter; but he who blasphemes against the Holy Spirit never has forgiveness, but is subject to eternal condemnation—because they said, “He has an unclean spirit” (Mark 3:28-30).

And anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man, it will be forgiven him; but to him who blasphemes against the Holy Spirit, it will not be forgiven (Luke 12:10).

People state that, within the context of the verses, the said blasphemy no longer applies after Jesus'/Yeshua's death and ressurrection, except for those who have committed the sin during His first time here. Like those persons will not be forgiven forever (that age and age to come).

https://www.apologeticspress.org/apcont ... ticle=1218

Others assert that we can still commit the sin today by repeatedly and knowingly rejecting the Holy Spirit. If this is true, does merely acknowledging Jesus/Yeshua as our saviour and the only way to salvation already keeps us from committing this unforgivable sin or do we still have to do the "If you love Me then you will follow my commandments" thing?

http://www.gotquestions.org/blasphemy-Holy-Spirit.html

Thoughts???

My belief is that the only unforgivable sin is unrepentance. But I also believe a person continually, unrepentantly walking in open death sins, Defiantly ignoring the call of the Holy Spirit can be given over to a reprobate mind from which there is no turning back.

Aaron

Back