The other woman

• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

FollowingHim2

Women's Ministry
Staff member
Real Person
Female
Feb 10, 2012
New Zealand
That is so sad.

What I've never understood in these situations, is how this guy is managing to work. If he's away 'on business' but actually with the other wife, then how is he earning money? And wouldn't he need twice as much money? Because the women both think he's making enough to support their family.

Joleneakamama

Seasoned Member
Real Person
Female
Feb 18, 2008
Central AZ
I spoke with a guy years ago on a poly site who was curious about it all. What prompted his interest was learning after his father's death that he had half siblings from TWO other families. His dad did what the fellow in the link did, but didn't get caught. When he died they all learned about each other. Goes to show the claimed "damage" caused by the other families didn't exist when they all thought dad was away for work.

Ruthie

Real Person
Female
Jun 7, 2011
Texas
Zip Code
That is so sad.

What I've never understood in these situations, is how this guy is managing to work. If he's away 'on business' but actually with the other wife, then how is he earning money? And wouldn't he need twice as much money? Because the women both think he's making enough to support their family.

I had the same question when I read this article. Even if he did have a job while he was with one or the other of his wives, how would he be able to take off from work for a week at a time while he visited the other one, and especially ever other week?

steve

Seasoned Member
Real Person
Male
May 2, 2009
dragin a trailer somewhere across the USA
Zip Code
If I could figure out what this guy was doing for a job I would patent it.
Maybe he was just independently wealthy and pretending to work. Bought a winning lotto ticket and didn’t tell anyone?

“If I won the lottery, I would be able to have two families. You can have your depreciating sports cars.”

cnystrom

Seasoned Member
Real Person
Male
Dec 12, 2009
Pflugerville TX
Zip Code

He probably really had to travel for his job and he probably really had a heart for family, so when he was away at the other location he got lonely built another family, too. It is probably more common than people realize.

cnystrom

Seasoned Member
Real Person
Male
Dec 12, 2009
Pflugerville TX
Zip Code
Someone else pointed it out already but the first things I was struck by was that it was working. No one felt unhappy or cheated until they were told they were being cheated. Very sad.

Part of reason why I think the lie from Satan of "monogamy only" is not some hypothetical thing. It is a lie that does real damage to people's lives.

ginger2

Female
Mar 10, 2018
north carolina
Zip Code
im ina hurry, but will say this ... there are plenty of male adults with able bodies and minds who do very little to earn an income.
there are plenty of women who just want the man around sometimes and put up with a lot to get that.
one thing that irks me is when they are both living on money that comes to her children from yet another male or males ...
ok ok i gotta log off and finish this taco seasoned meat for other peoples supper :cool:

Paulsen

Real Person
Male
Feb 26, 2018
Zip Code
Part of reason why I think the lie from Satan of "monogamy only" is not some hypothetical thing. It is a lie that does real damage to people's lives.

Agreed, the more I look at "monogamy only" as a man made (or satan made) doctrine, the more I feel my eyes open to the damage being done.