• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

The politics of abstraction

Awesome discussion, I've gone crazy on the "like" button :) I'm sorry. I am Hispanic, and I can't tell you how much I appreciate this particular discussion and moreover this forum!

Can't disagree. But it is imperfect.
In Gods economy, though, there seems to be only Jew/Gentile, sheep/goat, saved/lost.

What you mean by God's economy?

Just my way of saying his systematic approach to humanity. It's an exchange system I guess.

All are equally guilty of transgression before his perfection. No race, color, or ethnicity is able to escape his scrutiny. They all need a payment to receive his Grace, but have no means to pay the sum.

This will open up a new conversation on the Chosen People status and need for regeneration, but I will leave that up for others to hash out.

In Gods economy, though, there seems to be only Jew/Gentile, sheep/goat, saved/lost.

Adam's race has subdivided many times. The NT describes natural descendants of Abraham who rejected Christ while others followed him.

After the fall, sin led to division, primarily the seed of the woman and the seed of the serpent.
Both of these original entities divided many times including:
The seed of the serpent was scattered when the grandsons of Noah were dispersed at Babel "after their generations, in their nations: and by these were the nations divided in the earth after the flood." (Gen 10:22).
The seed of the woman divided into the chaste virgin and the great harlot.

Revelation takes us back to Genesis:
Rev 12:17 And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.

Same story, different cast.

Back