• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

The power of "I CAN"

CecilW

Real Person
Male
  • I don't know if I can support two wives adequately. We're barely making do right now.
  • I don't think I can handle watching my husband displaying affection for another woman, or going off to another room to spend intimate time or the night with her.
Do these sound familiar? Got a whole list of your own worries and fears to add? Despite KNOWING that PM is not only good, but right for your family, are you being assailed by fears and doubts?

YOU ARE NOT ALONE. But more importantly, THERE IS A FOOLPROOF SOLUTION! But first we need to clearly understand what is going on.

Let me assure you that the fear is NOT coming from God. He is Love, and Love casts out fear. (1 Jn 4:18)

Surprisingly, it is not coming from inside of yourself either. How do I know? Because you are born again. Old things have passed away, all is become new. (2Cor 5:17)

(If you are NOT born again, let me invite you to get that way now. If you don't know how, contact me via IM, and we'll git 'er done!)

That means you are a branch on the vine, Jesus. (Jn 15:1) That means that instead of the life force of this world (fear and death) flowing through you, the life force of God (Love & Life) does! God is love, so Jesus is love, so you ARE Love. A grape vine doesn’t bring forth coconuts!

Then where does the fear come from? It is injected into your mind by a demon who mimics your own voice in a truly desperate attempt to muck things up. Happens to ALL of us. Only question is how will we respond?

Why does he do it? Because a successful PM is a HIGHLY VISIBLE reproach to and assault upon his kingdom. It declares the sovereignty of God, and the benefit of working according to His plan for societal government. It kicks the Jezebel spirit in the teeth. It is, all by itself, itself a witness to the world!

So, refuse to rent him space in your head! How? The “trick” that is helping me the most at present is “I CAN” statements.

Based upon the “all things” part of Phil 4:12, and the present-continuous tense of the word “strengthens”, (I can do all things through Christ, who strengtheneth me,) I say things like …
  • I CAN recover my youthful health and more thru Christ who constantly strengthens me. I CAN!
  • I CAN keep my kitchen area clean and tidy thru Christ who constantly strengthens me. I CAN!

Why do I put the “I CAN” there twice and in caps? Because I have a lifetime of “I can’t” self-defeating self-talk to overcome. I consciously intend to overwhelm it with decided “I CAN” statements.

Modern science has proven that when we consciously and consistently begin doing so, it literally physically changes our brain. Within 4 days, new cells are forming which defuse the power of the old mind-rut, and within 21 or 28 days (some variance in theory), the old path will have been entirely replaced!

So you might say something like:
  • I CAN peacefully enjoy the changes in our life thru Christ who constantly strengthens me. I CAN!
  • I CAN joyfully send DH off to nurture his personal relationship with SW thru Christ who constantly strengthens me. I CAN!
  • I CAN refuse the devil any further success with his nasty fear tactics thru Christ who constantly strengthens me. I CAN!
  • I can provide a comfortable living for my family, however large, with enough to invest and share besides, thru Christ who constantly strengthens me. I CAN!
… or whatever does it for ya.

Me? I’ve got a list going. And every time I think of one, it goes on the list, so that when the devil tries, and he will, I too, like Christ, can simply say, “It is WRITTEN!”

Is that Biblical? Sure is!

First of all, Jesus authored the Bible. So when he said, “It is written” to the devil, he was quoting what he had declared and written down.

We have the right to do the same. Job 22:28 says, “You will declare a thing, and it will be established for you; so light will shine on your ways.”

Further, as mentioned, the above I CAN statements all fall within the intent and wording of Phil 4:13's "all things".

You can say with Divine confidence, “Devil, it is WRITTEN! I CAN do this … thru Christ who constantly strengthens me. I CAN!”. That resists him, and James says (Jam 4:7) that he WILL flee from you. Why does he skedaddle? Because in the spiritual realm, your foot is coming down to tread on (stomp all over) his neck (Luk 10:19), and that’s a very uncomfortable reminder that he’s already LOST and is actually POWERLESS against you!

So go forth and CONQUER, my friend. You are one of God’s WARRIORS!

Back