• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

The Real Reason for Marriage

andrew

Administrator
Staff member
Real Person
Male
Video of Jordan Peterson—consider it a conversation starter. As biblical families, we could get into a side argument about what the "real" reason for marriage is. But from a practical/legal/instrumental pov, this makes a lot of sense, and even God-fearing, bible-believing Christians can occasionally take note of the practical consequences of their choices, and there are some talking points in here that often come up in conversations about marriage and divorce. Submitted for your consideration (note: language alert).

I like this guy. He took a stand, was penalized for it and now enjoys more influence spreading common sense than he otherwise would have just being another professor who toed the line.

This is called strait talk. We need this bluntness. Maybe excluding the swearing, but if a person can filter through that by Love, well then, go live in your basement. We need bold and blunt Sons taking a stand and stop shifting from one idea to the next. We as Sons have One Voice we are obedient to. It is similar to spiritually being married to Christ. As the bride of Christ we have one husband. Christ. Just like the wife. Who is she married to? She is either married to her husband or Christ? It can't be both or don't we create a lie in the Word? Can't have two husbands physically or spiritually. They are types of each other. Again. Great vid.

Last edited:
In today's sad culture there's no straight talk. Not with spouses, children, or others. We are expected to coddle others "feelings!" If I truly Love you I will be straight up. Many I've know will say, "Well, I don't want to hurt their feelings." That's a lie. People are afraid of the consequences. One lady told me, "Your mean!!" I replied, "Nope. Love is honest. And honesty is brutal. If I Love you I'm not leaving you. I'm staying here until the root cause has a solution." That never stopped them from leaving though. On a personal note, I have been abandoned most my life by family. Mother trying to get rid of me, relationship failures, etc. Real Love is a double edged sword. Look at Jesus. Yes, the writings were about events, but scholars claim he spent most time alone. During the Passion of the Christ, he was really alone. Moses, Paul, etc. spent most their time alone. Though these great men Loved them intensely. See, the greatest expression of Love is not whether you remember their birthday, anniversary, special events, etc. Look at Christ, and EVERY great Saint; the greatest your Love to others, especially to a spouse: They NEVER compromise on the Word. Even at the risk of losing them. When a person is "drowning," in problems they need honest straight talk and not babied as Paul taught. Love always tries to correct the error. Love is always about the other person. Love is always trying to fulfill itself. In anything we as Sons teach our spouse, children, brothers, sisters, winning souls is not done with Real Love as the motivator, then we better wait til it is.

Last edited:
Back