• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

The State of our Unions

Doc

Real Person
Okay, new topic! YAY!

I came across an interesting article on MSN that I thought would prompt discussion. The link for it follows:

http://lifestyle.msn.com/relationships/ ... &GT1=32001

It lists 9 different couples/family arrangements (notably, polygamy/polygyny is not listed among them :cry: ). I did read some interesting things that pertain specifically to those who advocate Christian plural marriage. Some of those ideas include 'covenant', 'long distance marriage', 'later in life marriage', etc.

I would encourage you to read the article, and then let me know what you think.

Thanks,

Doc

Hi Doc,

It was an interesting article, but what exactly was the point? I kept waiting to read something outstanding... Instead, it just kind of petered out.

I will say, though, I liked how they presented the covenant marriage. I didn't know that there was a state that accepted it as legal. Does that mean they still have to get a license?

Also, the example of the typical marriage was not so typical. Wives of that age are generally not stay home mothers any more. I would've used an example of a couple who both work, and yet were in the mid twenties when wed. That, to me, is a typical American marriage.

Thanks for sharing the link!

Respectfully yours,
Onna

Back