• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

The Three Categories of People

Earth_is-

Male
Revelation 3:16
But since you are like lukewarm water, neither hot nor cold, I will spit you out of my mouth!

Our Lord and Savior - Lord Jesus Christ - said the door is narrow to heaven and few people find it. He also prophesied that many that call him "Lord, Lord" will not enter into his Kingdom, because of their lawlessness. Atheists, Muslims, Hindus, and Jews (not counting the Messianic Jews) do not call Jesus - Lord. It's primarily Christians that call Jesus - Lord.

Based on those prophecies - I would venture to say most people are in the "Lukewarm" category - neither hot or cold. I believe they may not in the "cold" category, because they are against certain things that being cold stands for; such as support for pride month. But they are not in the "HOT" category either. Why not?

I'll surmise to say it may be because they still haven't repented fully of their human ways - and submitted to the ways of the Heavenly Father - Yahweh. Therefore, their allegiance varies based on the topic. So they may be pro satan when it comes to how headship works (feminism and complete equality); but pro Lord Jesus when it comes to abortion or transgenderism. So you have a lukewarm believer - someone who may even believe that having more than one wife is sinful, demonic, or is a Muslim Taliban.

There's a reason why you won't ever find polygyny (done according to His Word) ever condemned in Scripture. The reason is simple - the Most High would be condemning himself. The Heavenly Father describes himself as being married to two wives - Judah and Israel. His only Begotten Son - God in the human flesh - Yeshua - described himself marrying 5 virgins in a parable. King David - whom had the heart of God - had over 10 wives. We gentiles are grafted in with Israel (Jacob), and the Heavenly Father used polygyny to form the 12 nations (sons) of Israel (Jacob) - through his 4 wives, which God played a role in bringing forth.

So any Christian that is deceived to judge against polygyny, which the god of this world (satan) indoctrinates the masses (starting at a young age with movies tailored to monogamy only) to believe is barbaric, sexist, un-holy, sinful, and despicable; is also then judging against their own Lord and Savior - whom is the one with the power to raise you from the grave, or send you to the lake of fire. Being lukewarm comes with a warning - "I will spit you out of my mouth." Which implies going with the majority of mankind on the wide road. Why be lukewarm and potentially join the pedophiles, the murderers, the homosexuals, etc in the lake of fire? Instead of sitting with Abraham, Issac, and Jacob at the feast in the Kingdom of Heaven?

Last edited:
Hot and Cold are just referring to preparedness. Like how food or drink would be served either hot or cold.

Hot and Cold both stand for what is good, Lukewarm is what is bad.

Hot and Cold are just referring to preparedness. Like how food or drink would be served either hot or cold.

Hot and Cold both stand for what is good, Lukewarm is what is bad.
That is certainly one way to look at it. But the way I see it - a lukewarm person is someone who is in the middle; and when the Master says the "Lukewarm" person will be "spit out of his mouth" - that to me, at least, implies that their destination is the same as the un-repentant or un-believer.

"I wish you were either hot or cold" imo - that means if you're hot for him - you're on the narrow road. If you're cold for him - it becomes easier to spit you out, and send you out out with those on the wide road.

Last edited:
How 'bout if you don't know Him, or worse, He says "I never knew you?"
For me - it’s the scariest verse in scripture. “Depart from me - I never knew you.”

On the opposite end of the spectrum:

Matthew 25:21
The Master said to him, ‘Well done, my good and faithful servant.

It’s what every true believer should be striving for. But that means seeking him - and I don’t mean going to a tax exempt church building every Sunday morning - but reading His Word, believing His Word, praying on His Word, and putting His Word into practice.

"I wish you were either hot or cold" imo - that means if you're hot for him - you're on the narrow road. If you're cold for him - it becomes easier to spit you out, and send you out out with those on the wide road.
I’ve always wondered if the point of desiring them to be cold if they weren’t hot was that at least they were taking a stance that He could work on. Saul/Paul being an example.
If one is lukewarm, they just don’t care deeply and assume that they are fine. So there is nothing to work with.

From what I have heard the water supply in Laodacia came from hot springs and was brought in by aquaduct. It was notoriously bad, being both of poor quality and lukewarm by the time it arrived in town

It seems like the Lord was comparing the people of the Laodacian church with the poor quality water found in their city

Cold water is nice to drink. Hot water is also nice to drink (as coffee or tea). Lukewarm water sucks.

The King who lay down His life to redeem the sheep won't tolerate people playing games with Him.

Matthew 3:11
He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire.

Matthew 24:12
Because lawlessness will be increased, the love of many will grow cold.

Back