• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

The Transformed Wife War on Beaches

NS4Liberty

Male
She's floundering in the comments because she holds an indefensible position. It's indefensible because its foundation is sand.

I especially like the comment by one woman that went something like, "How come on one hand you tell women to submit to their husbands in everything, and on the other you tell them to disregard how their husbands tell them to dress?"

Lori, the OP, went back and forth with another woman, who mentioned doctors and nurses, among other good points, and who eventually came to the realization that Lori is not so much convicted on this topic as she is full of fear. After several rounds of logical rebuttal being served to illogical emotional/religious blather, the commenter remarked that she suddenly had the thought that perhaps the heart of the matter is that Lori is afraid of losing control of her husband and what he sees or desires.

Lori's choice of belief and her reaction to being challenged on it seem to me to be a presentation of irrational fear caused by deception. In addition to causing doubts as to the authenticity of her submission to her husband, she has also damaged her message concerning women not standing in the pulpit or preaching to men, as she definitely crossed that line when she made an attempt to speak directly to men to shame them who allow their wives to dress, according to her, as harlots.

Unsurprisingly, (and this is purely tongue-in-cheek because the woman exasperates me) her profile pic reveals her chest, neck, and forearms, not to mention her hair, face, and eyes, and her dress is brightly colored and patterned. So, for whatever statement she wants to make about "modesty", I can point to 50 million people who could say with conviction that she is, in fact, dressed as a harlot by their definition. If that's the road she wants to go down, let her go all the way.

I often find Lori Alexander to be an example of a woman "topping from the bottom" (in other words, in a matter she finds personally troubling or threatening, like the male visual nature, she twists herself into knots to make her position appear as spiritual mandate.)

I see a lot of this in "Trad" circles where they enjoy the costume of submission and traditional roles, until it touches on something physical or intimate and then their legalism shows. You might say it peeks out from under their clothing, so to speak.

I also have to point out that women acting immodesty in a way still in accordance with the female nature is radically different (less perverse) than transvestite drag shows.
Since I haven't been watching transvestite drag shows I can't comment. ;)

I also have to point out that women acting immodesty in a way still in accordance with the female nature is radically different (less perverse) than transvestite drag shows.
I've watched preacher's daughters behave more inappropriately in regard to provoking sexual desires in their fathers' male congregants than what happens in the vast majority of drag shows. Right now we're being 'treated' to lots of images of truly perverse drag shows, but you should go visit just about any modern high school these days and observe the unbelievable temptation a wide swath of the female student population puts all the boys and most of the male teachers through on a daily basis before you think women acting immodestly isn't straight-up perversity that neither parents or school administrators should be putting up with.

I've watched preacher's daughters behave more inappropriately in regard to provoking sexual desires in their fathers' male congregants than what happens in the vast majority of drag shows. Right now we're being 'treated' to lots of images of truly perverse drag shows, but you should go visit just about any modern high school these days and observe the unbelievable temptation a wide swath of the female student population puts all the boys and most of the male teachers through on a daily basis before you think women acting immodestly isn't straight-up perversity that neither parents or school administrators should be putting up with.
I wouldn't call that temptation a problem.

In good old time this temptation would cause a lot of new marriages and babies. This is proper solution.

I wouldn't call that temptation a problem.

In good old time this temptation would cause a lot of new marriages and babies. This is proper solution.
The problem is that I'm 69 and have rarely observed that it translated into that. Much more rebellion against the adamantly sanctimonious postures of their fathers. Lots of unrequited lust instigation while daddy's up in the pulpit preaching against sexual licentiousness.

I basically abhor pietism in all its forms.

Last edited:
The problem is that I'm 69 and have rarely observed that it translated into that. Much more rebellion against the adamantly sanctimonious postures of their fathers. Lots of unrequited lust instigation while daddy's up in the pulpit preaching against sexual licentiousness.

I basically abhor piety in all its forms.
You haven't gone enough into past.

Shotgun marriage for enjoying girl.

I believe the New Testament, particularly 1 Timothy when talking about modest apparel is talking about not costly or showy as to draw attention to self by unnecessary jewelry or extravagant, showy clothing.

When someone lives in a modest house, they live in a cheaper or non expensive house.

It is not necessarily talking about how baggy the clothes are or how revealing. This verse has been hijacked by fundamentalists to outlaw, for example, pants on women and mandate long flowing dresses. Yes, this happens.

Last edited:

I basically abhor piety in all its forms.
I think it's more likely pietism that you hate than piety itself, and the destructive yeast of pietism is everywhere in evangelicalism.

Zacchaeus and the woman who poured out her perfume on Jesus feet were pious or holy because they knew themselves to be fallen people saved freely by Jesus.

The pharisees being pietistic didn't need or want Jesus. Many evangelical pastors share more with the pharisees than they do the saints.

You haven't gone enough into past.

Shotgun marriage for enjoying girl.
Certainly, and I don't know about your country, but in ours that framework has been gone for over half a century. The Great Society joined forces with hormonal birth control and drove a stake through the heart of the expectation that pregnancy equaled lifelong mutual commitment.

I think it's more likely pietism that you hate than piety itself, and the destructive yeast of pietism is everywhere in evangelicalism.
You are indeed correct, I stand corrected, and I've edited my post accordingly.

Great observation.

Pietism is The Club for The Club.

Certainly, and I don't know about your country, but in ours that framework has been gone for over half a century. The Great Society joined forces with hormonal birth control and drove a stake through the heart of the expectation that pregnancy equaled lifelong mutual commitment.
One of my cousins knocked up his high school girlfriend back in the 1980s, and immediately married her due to serious pressure from both sets of parents.

About five years later (when they had 3 little boys under five), she bailed on them all, to resume a carefree life.

My cousin raised his boys well and later married a more worthy Christian woman. His boys turned out great and he has had a good life.

I don't know what ever happened to that other chick.

Yesterday I saw this Instagram post by Lori Alexander regarding beaches. It and the comments is a fascinating study of human thought. I encourage you to read the comments both on Instagram and Youtube. I have so many thoughts, I can't even narrow it down. What are your thoughts?

Funny how her concern is about the skimpy clad women that her husband/children might see.

Why does she have no concomitant fear of herself seeing or being seen by other men?

I lived in a tropical/beachy area for a couple years. The only recreation in town was beach and beach bars. The serious Christian girls that I hung out with just didn't go. They never said a word about other people going.

Back