• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

The virus ate/didn’t eat my job.

How is your income affected?

• Losing income

Votes: 9 24.3%
  • Maintaining income

Votes: 24 64.9%
  • Could lose income if it gets worse

Votes: 7 18.9%

• Total voters
Still working here, never stopped. Nothing much has changed for us, other than some delays when we order things online. I grew up off-grid, and while I do enjoy the easiness it affords, I generally maintain a “no strings attached relationship” with it.

The gardens are going, the freezers are full, and we are all healthy. God has blessed us greatly :)

Similar here... still going. Working from home. Most days I get my 8 hours done in 4, so the balance is invested in the gardens, writing, etc... if/when vaccines come along, my job will require it and that will baby departure point... sort of getting positioned for that eventuality.

Added two bulls to the farm today... meat in freezer next year!

I have no doubt that the plan by some is full bore vaccinations and the very liberty to work being dependent upon acceptance of the poison and accompanying tracking device, but I think that they have overstepped a bit too quickly and the backlash is fixin to shut them down.

My advice is to pray that antibodies show up in your blood, avoiding the need and allowing you to stay under the radar.
Unless you feel called to that battle.

Last edited:
They are in healthcare, so random testing. They never had symptoms.
Wherein lies the devil in the statistics details.

I saw an interview between the HHS secretary and a CNN host. The secretary was making the point that the US numbers were not as bad as projected. With a furrowed brow, constipated look, and exasperation, the host exclaimed, "but we have the worst numbers out there! We have the most deaths! The most cases!"

The secretary had to do some basic, kindergarten level explanations that as a population of nearly 400 million that is now testing pretty aggressively in some quarters, and as a per 100,000 comparison, it's not as bad as the media is making it out to be, as bad as predicted, and as bad as many Western European nations.

Lies, damned lies, and statistics.

With the added testing, it's now estimated to be a .004 death rate.

Just learned yeaterday that an elderly relative tested positive a while back. Mild cold symptoms only. Reinforces the economy being the real risk.

I am at an airport as I write this, first work travel since the lockdown. Airport is dead. I am shocked how few passengers there are. Tickets are normal prices, so the one airline running must be running terribly unsustainable losses. I count a total of 26 passengers waiting in the domestic departure lounge of one of the biggest airports in the country, for multiple flights. One has boarded already, and I think no more than a dozen would have gone through the gate.

For me though, I'm working as usual so far still, just observing everything else crumbling around me.

Two month checkup, how’s everyone doing?

For me, loads have gotten somewhat harder to come by and generally involve increased dead head.
But overall, I am still getting the bills paid as long as I keep my nose to the grindstone.

In Springfield we drive past Associated Grocers, if I'm correct that's the name and we have noticed the last three maybe four weeks, Monday and Tuesday the motherload comes in, normally you'll see trucks parked on the on-ramp in the emergency lane that's just the norm but lately not only will they be on the emergency lane but they'll be lined up on the off-ramp.

There were only 18 passengers on that flight, plane capacity about 90 people. With breakeven for airlines typically around 75% capacity, it would have cost the airline about 3x the revenue they received to fly that route. They'll be bleeding money. This is on a route that used to have about 6 flights a day and now has only 2.

I was the only customer at the car rental counter, and mine was the only rental car for that company in the carpark. The lady at the desk packed up and left after giving me my keys.

So far we are the same here, all that happened to us was they cut us an hour a day for about two weeks.

I was the only customer at the car rental counter, and mine was the only rental car for that company in the carpark. The lady at the desk packed up and left after giving me my keys.

Hertz rent a car just declared bankruptcy. I'm sure it won't be long for any airlines that don't get bailouts.

The jobless numbers are dropping like a rock, portending an awesome future economy.
Assuming that Trump survives the current coup attempt.

Back