• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Their Diaries: The difference between men and women

Doc

Real Person
dating-fails-feelings.jpg

Yup!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Cecil being a man of few words. Enjoy it while you can! :lol:

Ha ha! Oreslag saw this on Facebook the other night!

If only men would think out loud more often. But then she would probably be irritated that he was thinking about his motorcycle. Just can't win!

I have to say, men and women are truly different in their thought process. This may sound odd, but even my son when he was younger used to tell me things. As he grew older...he is now almost 20 with a birthday next month...he barely speaks. I can never tell if something is wrong or what. He will then randomly catch me when we are home alone and blurt out something that has been on his mind and we have a little discussion and then when it is done he shuts right up again. So what happens exactly??? It is frustrating on many levels!!! I thought growing up with two women would have kept him more open although maybe he wouldn't talk to me at all if he hadn't...I don't know.

Talk to us guys!!!! Please!!!! :D

Jen M

lights12 said:
he shuts right up again. So what happens exactly??? It is frustrating on many levels!!! I thought growing up with two women would have kept him more open although maybe he wouldn't talk to me at all if he hadn't...I don't know.

The answer is found in John Grey's "Men Are From Mars, Women Are From Venus".

Emotionally and conversation wise, women tend to go up and down, but they are always right THERE! So conversation is always available.

Men, on the other hand, have CAVES -- which women CANNOT penetrate. So, men tend to come closer or go further away depending on where they are in their cave.

Thus, if a woman has something on her mind, whether she is up or down, she wants to talk it through.

When a man has something on his mind, he retreats into the depths of his cave, processes it, then returns to the entrance to announce his conclusions. Sorry, it's his nature.

This is very frustrating to the women in his life who are left at the mouth of the cave, jumping up and down and yelling, "Hey! Come OUT of there! I wanna talk!"

It is also a prime reason why PM makes sense. She has someone to talk with, while he is off in his cave. No-one has to feel pressured out of their natural zone when something needs to be thought through. Seeing this benefit was one of the reasons why I began to study PM seriously.

Cecil Have you read everything??? Wow good explanation!!! Oddly enough he even lives in a cave. We have a loft apartment and my daughter and I took the loft that has two bedrooms, he lives in the master with his own bathroom under our area and we call it his cave. What a nice mom I am by the way giving him the big master bedroom so he doesn't have to share space with his girlie sister. I figured he deserved it after years of being the only boy except his cat in the house. We now have another boy cat so along with our girl dog it is three to three, but I doubt the pets count for him...lol!!!

CecilW said:
Thus, if a woman has something on her mind, whether she is up or down, she wants to talk it through.

When a man has something on his mind, he retreats into the depths of his cave, processes it, then returns to the entrance to announce his conclusions. Sorry, it's his nature.

This is very frustrating to the women in his life who are left at the mouth of the cave, jumping up and down and yelling, "Hey! Come OUT of there! I wanna talk!"

It is also a prime reason why PM makes sense. She has someone to talk with, while he is off in his cave. No-one has to feel pressured out of their natural zone when something needs to be thought through. Seeing this benefit was one of the reasons why I began to study PM seriously.

I had this following quote posted on my Facebook wall a few weeks ago....

Reason #5 on "The top ten reasons a guy should become a polygamist":

"The wives could process their days and feelings WITH EACH OTHER! Listen. John Gray proved in 1992 with hard science that men are from Mars and women are from Venus. We're different. These differences create a lot of conflict. Women need to end their days with endless narratives about what happened to them and how they feel about it, which makes men ache for early death. In a polygamous situation, the wives could process together and be good listeners for one another while I spent the evening thinking about nothing. Seriously, ladies, that's why men look so blank. They're trying to not think about anything. If my wife didn't talk to me, I'd be a Zen master or some crazy crap like that."

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Blessings,
Fairlight

Back