• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

There's No Place Like Home

MarvelousMarvin

Real Person
Male
(Or should the thread title be, "The Prodigal Returns?")

After being away from the forum for several years (school has been keeping me pretty busy) I'm back. Some of you (Nathan, Cecil, Doc Burkhart, and others) who were on the forum five or six years ago (and were at the retreat in 2011) might remember me by my original username, polydoc, which had to be changed because I don't (yet) have a Doctorate. (Didn't even have an undergrad degree then, but my BS in Religion was conferred May 11, 2013. Only took me 44 years to earn my 4-year degree.) At the present rate of taking classes (about 1/2 of a full load), my PhD should be conferred in May, 2028...if the Lord Jesus Christ has not yet returned (even so, come, Lord Jesus!), I'm still above-ground, and am still able to function well enough to shave my own face.

I now live in Gallup, NM, and am studying theology by way of online classes at Liberty University Baptist Theological Seminary (LUBTS). I also go to Jerusalem, Israel, twice a week, by way of a virtual classroom. On Mondays, I am studying biblical Greek; and on Thursdays, biblical Hebrew. The Hebrew class is accredited by Hebrew University, and the credits will be transferred to LUBTS and applied toward the requirements for a Master of Divinity when (if...) I successfully complete the class. (The Greek class could also be accredited, but don't need the credits for it. That makes the class quite a bit cheaper! I do, however, need the review before going to the next level of Koine Greek.)

Congratulations, Nathan and anyone else who had a hand in designing and implementing this new website. Very well done!

Back