• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

These verses must go!

There aren't just one or two passages that the
Monogomaniacs and the Egalitarian-Sodomite Feminists need to change.
There are lots of them.
Below is just a starter list of some passages that they
will say do not mean what they seem to mean. This is just a select few. There are so many more than this.

All these verses have to be reinterpreted within the
framework of men being evil and oppressing women for thousands of years And pushing the idea that the church has the authority to step into the realm of the family and tell a man how many wives he can have.

1 Timothy 2:15
Notwithstanding she shall be saved in childbearing,
if they continue in faith and charity and holiness with sobriety.

This verse must be explained away for it appears to promote motherhood.

Colossians 3:15
Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands,
as it is fit in the Lord.
Change this verse.

Eph 5:22
Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands,
as unto the Lord.
No brainer, this one must be reinterpreted.

Gen 3:16
Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow
and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy
desire [shall be] to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee.
Gotta make it seem like this is too difficult to understand. Feminist will ask was it a PREscribing or a Describing? They won't answer their own question they will merely ask it in hopes of muddying the waters.

Isaiah 3:12
[As for] my people, children [are] their oppressors, and women
rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause [thee] to err, and
destroy the way of thy paths.

This one seems to say that women ruling over men is a bad thing. Should be changed.

1 Timothy 2:12
But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over
the man, but to be in silence.

A restriction on a woman? I think not. CHANGE IT!

1 Timothy 5:13
And withal they learn [to be] idle, wandering about from
house to house; and not only idle, but tattlers also and busybodies, speaking things
which they ought not.
Makes it look as if some women have a tendency to be gossips.

Leviticus 20:13
If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman,
both of them have committed an abomination:
they shall surely be put to death; their blood [shall be] upon them.
This one will make some angry. It has to go then.

1 Timothy 5:14
I will therefore that the younger women marry,
bear children, guide the house, give none occasion to the
adversary to speak reproachfully.
Makes God seem like a chauvenist. Strike it.

Titus 2:3-5
The aged women likewise, that [they be] in behaviour
as becometh holiness, not false accusers, not given to much wine,
teachers of good things;
That they may teach the young women to be sober,
to love their husbands, to love their children,
[To be] discreet, chaste, keepers at home,
good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed.
Instructions for old women? And young women obey their husbands? Never! Change it.

1 Timothy 2:13
For Adam was first formed, then Eve.
This one destroys any hopes of putting forth the myth that Adam and Eve were created at the same time. Take it out.

Gen 3:13
And the LORD God said unto the woman,
What [is] this [that] thou hast done? And the woman said, The serpent beguiled me, and I did eat.
The first woman was deceived even before there was sin in the world? Take it out as well.

Gen 3:17
And unto Adam he said,
Because thou hast hearkened unto the voice of thy wife,
and hast eaten of the tree, of which
I commanded thee, saying, Thou shalt not eat of it: cursed [is] the
ground for thy sake; in sorrow shalt
thou eat [of] it all the days of thy life;
God punishing Adam for following after his wife in her folly? This verse has got to go!

1 Tim 2:11
Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection.
A woman being silent? Nope!

2 Cor 11:3
But I fear, lest by any means, as the
serpent beguiled Eve through his
subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.
Ahh, another pesky verse about the first woman being so easily deceived. Makes women look gullible and therefore not to be teachers to grown men. Take this one out.

Deut 21:15
If a man have two wives, one beloved, and another hated,
and they have born him children, [both] the beloved
and the hated; and [if] the firstborn son be hers that was hated:
But I thought the two shall become one flesh. How can God approve of three?? Remove it.

1 Peter 3:1-3
Likewise, ye wives, [be] in subjection to your own husbands;
that, if any obey not the word, they also may
without the word be won by the conversation of the wives;
While they behold your chaste conversation [coupled] with fear.
Whose adorning let it not be that outward [adorning]
of plaiting the hair, and of wearing of gold, or
of putting on of apparel;
This one has so many needed changes. First it shows disobedience by implication to be tantamount to fornication and cause for divorce. This definitely needs to be edited. It would back up the Esther passage.

1 Peter 3:6
Even as Sara obeyed Abraham, calling him lord:
whose daughters ye are, as long as ye do well, and are not afraid
with any amazement.
Sara, Sara, Sara. You gotta go, sister.

Amos 4:1
Hear this word, ye kine of Bashan, that [are] in the mountain of Samaria,
which oppress the poor, which crush the needy,
which say to their masters, Bring, and let us drink.
This definitely has to go for several reasons: 1. shows husbands as masters, 2. some versions refer to these women as cows, NLT says “fat cows."
And 3. Yet another verse showing some women as oppressors. Not good.

Esther 1:18, [Likewise] shall the ladies of Persia and Media say this day unto all the king's princes, which have heard of the deed of the queen. Thus [shall there arise] too much contempt and wrath.
(warnings against the spread of feminism)

If it please the king, let there go a royal commandment from him, and let it be written among the laws of the Persians and the Medes, that it be not altered, That Vashti come no more before king Ahasuerus; and let the king give her royal estate unto another that is better than she.

(divorced for disobedience, this verse must go!)

And when the king's decree which he shall make shall be published throughout all his empire, (for it is great,) all the wives shall give to their husbands honour, both to great and small.
For he sent letters into all the king's provinces, into every province according to the writing thereof, and to every people after their language, that every man should bear rule in his own house, and that [it] should be published according to the language of every people.

This might lead men to believe that they are the heads in their families. Remove it.

1 Peter 3:7
Likewise, ye husbands, dwell with [them] according to knowledge, giving honour unto the wife, as unto the weaker vessel, and as being heirs together of the grace of life; that your prayers be not hindered.
This would also offend the adrodgynists as it seems to say that the woman is weaker than the man.

Ephesians 5:33
Nevertheless let every one of you in particular
so love his wife even as himself;
and the wife [see] that she reverence [her] husband.
Only the last part of this verse needs to be changed.

Titus 1:6
If any be blameless, the husband of one wife,
having faithful children not accused of riot or unruly.

(for two reasons, shows position must be that of a man and makes it seem like only some men were restricted to only one woman. EDIT IT OUT!)

Exodus 20:17.
Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's house,
thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's wife,
nor his manservant, nor his maidservant,
nor his ox, nor his ass, nor any thing that [is] thy neighbour's.
MUST GO. Even though this is one of the Ten Commandments it show wives belonging to a man just like his animals and servants.

Deuteronomy 5:21
Neither shalt thou desire thy neighbour's wife, neither
shalt thou covet thy neighbour's house, his field, or his manservant,
or his maidservant, his ox, or his ass, or any [thing] that [is] thy neighbour's.
Same as above. Women can't be owned!

1 Corinthians 14:34-35
Let your women keep silence in the churches:
for it is not permitted unto them to speak;
but [they are commanded] to be under obedience,
as also saith the law.
And if they will learn any thing, let them
ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church.
Oh this one is chock full of chauvenism. Must go.

James 4:7
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.
This one must be reword or removed because it demonstrates what the true meaning of submit means.

2 Samuel 12:8
And I gave thee thy master's house, and thy master's wives
into thy bosom, and gave thee the house
of Israel and of Judah; and if [that had been] too little,
I would moreover have given unto thee such and such things.
This one has God telling David that He gave to him wives, plural! Gotta go.

Ezekiel 23:4
And the names of them [were] Aholah the elder,
and Aholibah her sister:
and they were mine,
and they bare sons and daughters.
Thus [were] their names; Samaria [is] Aholah, and Jerusalem Aholibah.
Here is God depicting Himself as a polygamist! It has to go!

1 Cor 11:9
Neither was the man created for the woman; but the woman for the man.
This goes against the romantic soul mate ideaology. It makes it appear as if woman was created for the establishment and preservation of a man's family.

Deut 22:5
The woman shall not wear that which pertaineth unto a man, neither shall a man put on a woman's garment: for all that do so [are] abomination unto the LORD thy God.
A woman can do what she wants! This verse needs to be removed!

1 Corinthians 11:14-15
Doth not even nature itself teach you, that, if a man have long hair, it is a shame unto him?
But if a woman have long hair, it is a glory to her: for [her] hair is given her for a covering.
Pesky verses need to be removed. They contradict Androgyny Theology.

1 Cor 11:7
For a man indeed ought not to cover [his] head, forasmuch as he is the image and glory of God: but the woman is the glory of the man.
What?! Know ye not that the woman is not the glory of God but of the man? This chauvenist verse needs to be deleted now!!!!!

1 Cor 11:3
But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman [is] the man; and the head of Christ [is] God.
We'll just tell them that 'head' is the wrong word here and should just mean source. After we've deleted all the other male headship verses, this one should go too.

Ephesians 6:4
And, ye fathers, provoke not your children to wrath: but bring them up in the nurture and admonition of the Lord
This is pro-father and would anger the ankle biters at the National Organization of Women. Must not upset them.

Deut 21:11
And seest among the captives a beautiful woman, and hast a desire unto her, that thou wouldest have her to thy wife;
General principle of a woman being a thing to possess goes against our Victorian sensibilities.

Deut 22:14-24

All this has to go because it established the virtue of virginity in a woman for marriage and there is no corresponding passage establishing virginity in men. So it is sexist and must be removed.

These are just a few of the passages in the bible that must be changed. While writing this I'm thinking of at least a couple of dozen more verses.

You know it could be well argued that the reason feminism was able to take such a hold on society was because men dropped the ball.
If men were the leaders and providers the bible directs them to be then there would be no need for women to be competing with men for wages and rearing children alone.

I realize that you are not directing this at any one person or gender really but I'm just saying... men are ultimately responsible and the change needs to begin with them.

I have often seen lists like this in patriarchal circles but It would be nice to see a list of scriptures that directs men how they should conduct themselves.

busy & only got 1/2 way thru, but this is definatly on my "what to read when in need of a good chuckle", thanks for posting it

This does apply to some, but for us who are seeking to find religion maybe you should post something to teach us more. It seems you know a lot about the bible. I would enjoy to learn more and I need to find myself and my place in this world. I know the only way to be happy is with God in my life. There is so much for me to learn I posted a couple messages with no response. Can someone please try to help!j I feel like a lost soul needing redemption. My husband is Catholic and I couldn't disagree with the Catholic church more I need something I can believe in. Something that makes since. I feel the Catholic Church changes the Word to suit them. I need to find a church that teaches directly from the Bible without changing the meanings to suit it's needs.

Thanks for taking the time to read this. I showed this to another forum recently of monogomaniacs and it was not well received.

To the poster addressing the fact that it is to a large degree the fault of men that feminism has spread, you are right. There is no doubting the fact that corrupt men are behind the women's lib movement, or was, past tense. They needed, and still do, women in the workplace to create inflation, destroy the family, decrease wages, etc.

Back