• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

This is Hard

kscouple

I must admit that I am not good at asking for prayer or even help. I know its a form of pride and thats not good. However, I am in the mist of a very trying time. My father is living here (so is mom) and he is on hospice care. He is in alot of pain and very weak. The hard part is how much dad and I missed together. He was an abusive and hard man. Never really knew what love was...very sad. I need prayer to stay strong through this...its so hard to see mom struggle through this day after day. She is in the process of trying to plan his funeral. What he did to me doesn't matter now...he is a human in need....I know the funeral will be really hard for me...please pray for me....I know not when it will be. I hope this makes enough sense for you to at least pray for me....The last request I have is for my beloved wife....she is so awesome to stand by me through this and help care for him. I love her dearly and this Thursday (Aug.27) is her birthday. Those of you who know her please call her and wish her a happy birthday....what an awesome woman she is. Those who want to get to know her send me a private message and I will give you her contact info. Please help me make this a special birthday for her...any ideas lets me know. Thanks for the prayers...I need them

Arlan

I am praying for you Arlan and for your wife. You are both special people. I praise God that you let the cycle of abuse stop with you and replaced it with love for humanity. Your family is very special to me.

SweetLissa

Hey guys,

Just letting you know that I am keeping you in prayer. Just remember, the Scriptures say that the trying of our faith works patience in us. Thank Him for the opportunity to show the same love to your earthly father that you do to your Heavenly Father. In this way, you are both honoring him and redeeming him. The kindness and caring that you show may work the Lord's salvation in him.

Bless you guys,

Doc

And we love you too Lissa....any good that I have done is because of the Holy Spirit...not me. Thanks Doc for your words as well. I cannot stress how awesome my wife has been through all this and how blessed I am to have her. She is the one who showed me how to love by loving me so much...and continues to do so. I know she prays for me each day as well.

We know that you are Godly man and the presence of God is in your home. We pray that you will not feel alone in how you lead during this time with your father. God is with you, just a prayer away.

And some of us are just a phone call away. We can pray together on the phone if you want.

SweetLissa

Thanks to all of you...you are such a blessing. I have no other friends like you all. Just like the other night welltan called to see if everything was okay. God bless you welltan you are a great brother in Christ. Its so fun to be around those who love you despite some differences. Lissa you are such a blessing to me as well...I hope you can give my wife a call on her birthday Thursday. I look forward to meeting the rest of you sometime....you all are wonderful people.
God bless
Arlan

I want to thank everyone for all your prayers. My father died this morning at 11:30 AM. I was able to be by his side with my mother and one sister. We saw him take his last breath and he went very peaceful. He now has no more pain...........

You have my prayers. I'm sorry for your loss. I've been through it myself, I completely understand.

If you ever need to talk, feel free to PM or email.

Ben (and Bex)

I am so sorry for your loss, but also happy that your father has no more pain. I know the stress of taking care of your father has been hard on all of you and I know that you all mourn his passing. I also know that "the sorrow may last for the night, but joy comes in the morning." I pray that you will find joy in the thought that you will all be reunited in heaven and your bodies will be perfect.

SweetLissa

Sorry for your loss. You are in our prayers.

Even though you were expecting it the pain is very real. I am not sure it is scriptural, but when my mother died and went to be with the Lord, I asked the Lord to give her a hug for me and to tell her I love her.

Have brought prayers to the Father. May HE give you piece and comfort.

I just saw the post. May I offer my deepest condolences, and the sweet peace that my Father gives. Losing a parent is so difficult, but we have to rest in the Father's promises that there is a better place for those who trust in Him.

Please know we will keep you in continual prayer.

Blessings,

Doc

Back