• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Thlyphthora

NetWatchR

Real Person
Male
This isn't an actual review so please move this where you see fit, however.....

(the infamous "however")

I am trying to read the version that I downloaded off Google and it is Difficult. The scans are bad enough but what really makes it a difficult read is trying to transliterate the F's into S's. Or like in the book, tranfliterate. Sometimes I can into the groove and only stumble here and there. Other times I put it away and feel like I need to borrow one my kids' coloring books.

Has anyone released an edition that uses modern spelling or are they all scanned copies of a copy of a copy of the original that was left in a damp cellar for most of the last century?

Thanks.

Umm, thank you, but those are just slightly better scans. Actually much better scans.

So, I'm assuming that no one then has actually published a full retyping? Maybe that's something I can work on while on vacation next month instead of playing Candy Crush all day.

I find once I'm a few pages in I'm reading the s's and f's correctly, just takes some getting used to. But it is a nuisance to read. A proper reprint rather than scans would be awesome.

Back