• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Three Wives One Husband

Lili

Female
I wasn't sure where to post this, so I decided here would be the safest bet. :)

Recently a show started airing on Channel 4 (UK-based) about the residents of Rockland Ranch in Utah. The 1st and 2nd episodes are available on YouTube right now.

I'm wondering if anyone else has seen the show, and if you have, what did you think?

I am loving what I have seen so far. The families are open and honest, especially in the case of Abel Morrison's family. They have been incredibly candid about the struggles they're facing as a group following the recent marriage to his third wife. I am interested to see how they go forward after the events of the 2nd episode.

I'm curious - I'll have to check it out.

Yep! Last that I checked, the episodes are available under the same name on YouTube. That was yesterday, April 6th.

Found it on YouTube. Just watched all three episodes. I really liked it.

Two statements that I found impacting me were when one of the young ladies were discussing looking for a husband, they had two choices. One that was an unknown quantity, and the other you could know much easier through observing his relationships with his existing wife(s) to really see what you'd be getting.

The other was when a man was dying of cancer and asked one of his brothers to care for his 2 wives if they so chose. Don't ask me why, but that really impacted me as how it's supposed to be biblically. I think it would be so difficult emotionally, financially and spirituality simply because of the increased responsibility, however, the sheer magnitude of the honor represented by the request lends a level of gravitas that I don't think I can recall seeing before. It takes me back to the cross where Christ states, woman, behold thy son. . . . To the disciple, behold thy mother. From that day, he took her into his house. John 19:26&27

It also brings to mind how we need to ask would I be proud of the wife my daughter will become or feel sorry for the poor schmuck that relents to it.

"Is my wife the kind of woman I would want to offer to my best friend or brother when I'm gone?"

Back