• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Tidying up the FAQs

Eristhophanes, I have to reiterate what Sarah said. I know you mean well, but there is no need to answer these questions in this thread, they really are very basic and the answers you are giving are essentially similar to what any of us would write. This thread is simply to list issues to answer. If you would like to discuss any particular issue in detail, please either find a thread that already deals with it and comment on that, or start a new thread.

Note too that whenever a topic is posted, there will be an opportunity to comment on the wording then, and have suggestions incorporated either before it is posted or as edits afterwards if you think we've got it wrong. There is absolutely no need to discuss any details here, there are plenty of other places and times to do that.

From Zec, Sarah, and Eristhophanes last post, we've now got:
6: Isn't only one wife God's ideal?
7: Multiple husbands
8: Who is eligible to marry
9: What was the first marriage? (An exposition of Genesis 2:24)
10: Authority of the husband over the wife (including Genesis 3:16b, but there are other relevant verses)

This is now closer to the number of topics I was envisioning. Is there anything else critical that has been missed?

My apologies if it's been listed already: What do you do when you've already vowed "to foresake all others".

Back