• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

To Claim or Not to Claim

Maddog

Male
Recent news events spur other thoughts- In the US, we can claim charitable contribution if we give to a properly registered (sometimes 501c3 org) entity. So then 10% OF my gross is now not taxable **IF** I give to a state recognised church. Problem for us independent minded folks is that I dont want the gov having ANY control regarding my religious practices. State action has forced the muzzling of many churches because they want the attendees to get a tax deduction BUT if the said group DOES make political statements then that is beyond the "permissions" of the state. Effectively, the state has control IF the church wants money. Do we give without regard to tax write-offs or do we NEED that deduction from the tax burden?

I avoid all 501 c3 business. Because that is what they are.
I would say that seeking acceptance from the government for something that only Yah should govern is a form of idolatry.

Mark 12:17 KJV
[17] And Jesus answering said unto them, Render to Caesar the things that are Caesar's, and to God the things that are God's. And they marvelled at him.

Taxes belong to Caesar, marriage does not.
Some seeing different. If the earth is His the fulness thereof and all that dwell in it.....what is left for Ceasar? And here in the us of a, do we have a Ceasar?

Some seeing different. If the earth is His the fulness thereof and all that dwell in it.....what is left for Ceasar? And here in the us of a, do we have a Ceasar?

I think one could make the case that we have an unelected tyrant, but I digress...

How do square what Jesus said with what you’re saying? Was Jesus not telling people to pay their taxes?

You have a governing authority. Regarding that authority, "Let every soul be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and the authorities that exist are appointed by God. Therefore whoever resists the authority resists the ordinance of God, and those who resist will bring judgment on themselves. For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to evil. Do you want to be unafraid of the authority? Do what is good, and you will have praise from the same. For he is God’s minister to you for good. But if you do evil, be afraid; for he does not bear the sword in vain; for he is God’s minister, an avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil. Therefore you must be subject, not only because of wrath but also for conscience’ sake. For because of this you also pay taxes, for they are God’s ministers attending continually to this very thing. Render therefore to all their due: taxes to whom taxes are due, customs to whom customs, fear to whom fear, honor to whom honor" (Rom. 13:1-7).

How do square what Jesus said with what you’re saying? Was Jesus not telling people to pay their taxes?
Remember, when Jesus spoke those words they were trying to trap him. There were tax protesters in those days ....and some of them may have been present, AND there were likely those there loyal to Rome.
Did Jesus ever say what things were Ceasar's?
Why did those trying to trap him marvel?

Jesus did not contradict the passage that says EVERYTHING is YHWH's. He did not define what things are Ceasars. Chances are some "heard" pay your taxes, and some like those setting Jesus up "heard"..... well, something different.

According to the book Paul affirms, the whole duty of man is to fear YHWH and keep His commands.

There are many out there on the web writing about Mat. 22:15 and Romans 13

We have a neighbor that goes to many stores in Prescott including Tractor Supply and Cal Ranch and pays zero sales tax. He has showed them the law and they have seen the light.
The IRS defines "income" as money one acquires from investments.....NOT labor compensation. Yet most sheeple volunteer to pay taxes on the money they earned exchanging the precious hours of their lives for money. Would it hurt the rich to pay a portion of their investment earnings? Is them doing so comparable to a guy hauling brush up and down hills for an eight hour day in 100+ degree heat while sweating, getting poked by thorns, and bleeding?

Lawyers, bankers, insurance salesmen, and polishittans have ruined this country. Welcome to Mystery Babylon the Great.

Thank YHWH her earned judgment will be given her.

Of course. But if, for whatever reason, you do donate to an organisation that has consented to that muzzling (e.g. if a local Christian charity is doing great work with poor people and you have donated to support that work), would there be any reason for you personally not to claim that tax writeoff?

Your original question was, after all, "to claim or not to claim". Not whether if we start a church we should register it in the USA as a charity - I think that answer is fairly obvious. I thought your question was about what you do with your own tax return.

If you have opportunity for legitimate tax rebates then claim them. That's just good financial practice and totally appropriate for us as followers of Jesus Christ.

Ok now the original story that i alluded to was about a politician that is a pastor of a church and that his church is being investigated by the IRS for unauthorised political activity in the church. When we partner with the IRS by being a registered non profit(non prophet?) Then THEY get to say what is not allowed from the pulpit.

Ok now the original story that i alluded to was about a politician that is a pastor of a church and that his church is being investigated by the IRS for unauthorised political activity in the church. When we partner with the IRS by being a registered non profit(non prophet?) Then THEY get to say what is not allowed from the pulpit.

The IRS will NEVER investigate a church that openly supports and endorses Democrats.

Back