• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Too much work / not enough home

rustywest4

Seasoned Member
Real Person
Male
Hey gentleman,

Working 12 hours a shift (4pm to 4am), 5 days a week! Always have just enough to stay afloat financially, but always keeping an eye out for extra work to be the best provider I can for my precious wife and three children! ... Eat, sleep, shower and repeat lifestyle! :( ...

This gets old and a little troubling to my heart at times as the weeks grind on and on... Feeling at times that I don't have enough "daddy" time with my kids, and instead that my interactions with them are mostly "fatherly discipline" times to help keep the revolts at bay for my poor wife!

My precious wife gets little help from me with all the house duties as I'm either working, sleeping, or getting ready for work!

I find myself squeezing in the moments I can to read a chapter or two of the Torah with my love, or spark a quick discussion about our shared love for Yeshua & The Holy Scripture and how we desire that to be what shapes and drives our lives! Grabbing her hands and leading us in a prayer to lay our burdens at His feet and give Him praise for His goodness, mercy and provision in our lives!

I yearn for more time with my precious wife and babies! I try not to fret over our finances or the complications of a busy life, but I do find myself longing for more quality family time!

I'm sure many providers can relate???

May God give us strength to continue leading our homes in His Way!

Hi Rusty.

Nice post and yes I can relate.

It is hard to balance the time required to work to provide, with the time required to maintain and grow a family.

My father had an uncertain time with his employer in his later years, and that lit a fire in me to start my own business. Having done that, now I am a workaholic but I enjoy it. And tend to neglect my family sometimes.

From what you have posted, you are doing good and will be fine, God willing.

Cheers,

ylop

Mark said:
Mark 2:27 NIV
Then he said to them, “The Sabbath was made for man, not man for the Sabbath.

My interpretation is that the Sabbath is a required day with the family. I'm not supposed to do anything that day except things for my family such as reading to my children or teaching them about scripture. That's the way that I read it anyway. I don't particularly care which day is my Sabbath but I'm taking one day out of every seven to do nothing but spend time with my family. Any boss who doesn't like it can either adapt or find another employee.

I've certainly had times in my life where I was working so much that I felt I barely saw my family. Does your wife work outside the home? If not, then I really wouldn't feel guilty about the housework, because that's how that partnership works. Your time away from work should be able to be spent focusing on your family, and refreshing. Now if she does work outside the home then that's a different story, lol. Is there by chance any change or relief sight? Like, a possible promotion or potential job change or anything?

I see so many people fall for the trap of living on credit. Or spending all you make. (Not saying anyone here is doing that)
Coming from a background that makes it a business to live simply I can testify that it takes less capital than most are willing to start out with. But alas!! I too fell for the credit trap. Now we are back to working for someone else, are paying off the debt, and living freer than when I was sinking all my profits into a sinking ship. Ha! But getting ready to try again. No freedom like being your own boss.

You guys simply rock! :) I really appreciate the fellowship here and the edifying responses from y'all! Lol thanks again...

My wife's occupation is as Queen of the home... I call her my Baby brewery :) because I pray for and desire for her to always have a bun in the over ha! ... She is the keeper of the home and doesn't work a job! Her and I have talked about it many times, but it always comes back to the simple fact that our home and children are far more important than making more money... So she is the amazing, Christian, homeschooling stay at home mom that society would be better off having millions more of !!! :)

As for the "credit hole" most of us fall into then slowly have to crawl out of... Yeah we have had our share of debt, but God is good and has been right by our side faithfully helping us crawl out as we honor Him firstly as good stewards of the finances He blesses us with!!!

Bless y'all ... In Him

-Rusty

Hey gentleman,

Working 12 hours a shift (4pm to 4am), 5 days a week! Always have just enough to stay afloat financially, but always keeping an eye out for extra work to be the best provider I can for my precious wife and three children! ... Eat, sleep, shower and repeat lifestyle! :( ...

This gets old and a little troubling to my heart at times as the weeks grind on and on... Feeling at times that I don't have enough "daddy" time with my kids, and instead that my interactions with them are mostly "fatherly discipline" times to help keep the revolts at bay for my poor wife!

My precious wife gets little help from me with all the house duties as I'm either working, sleeping, or getting ready for work!

I find myself squeezing in the moments I can to read a chapter or two of the Torah with my love, or spark a quick discussion about our shared love for Yeshua & The Holy Scripture and how we desire that to be what shapes and drives our lives! Grabbing her hands and leading us in a prayer to lay our burdens at His feet and give Him praise for His goodness, mercy and provision in our lives!

I yearn for more time with my precious wife and babies! I try not to fret over our finances or the complications of a busy life, but I do find myself longing for more quality family time!

I'm sure many providers can relate???

May God give us strength to continue leading our homes in His Way!
It is very difficult but I have three rules and wife to follow God first family second job 3rd . If you live your life with these three rules do not easy rules but they are just rules in the biblical rules if you study Scripture . I don't know where your finances are but if you try to somehow have these rules in your daily life then you will figure out how to have more time with the family. We all need to look at what we do in life what we have what we want any of the huge work is to get the fancier car is a fancier houses the fancier there's the fancier that maybe simplify more stuff in our lives is the prescription again I don't know what your situation is but in hours I just know the blessings are many by trying to live this lifestyle of three rules God first family second job 3rd good luck my friend

Back