• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

True Love. Not tradition and vain worship.

Richard

Male
I usually set back in the quiet and just read, observe, and learn. However, I felt compelled to post this. Last night I was researching a challenge that I am dealing with at work regarding "the ends justifying the means." I came across this website article relating to scripture. I saw a connection to many topics currently being discussed in these forums regarding: one belief over another in biblical PM, G_d's commands/laws vs man's laws/rules or modern traditional church teachings vs biblical teachings and several other points. I can't recall if I have ever seen this specific verse used in making a case for biblical PM, but felt compelled to post it in case it has not been used in support of.

"Matthew 15:9,13 - We must not serve G_d according to human doctrine. Such practices make worship vain; they are plants G_d did not plant and will be rooted up.

But note that a doctrine is human if it differs in any way from what G_d, whether in the end or the means. If G_d tells us what work to do and we do a different work, we are following human teaching. Likewise, if G_d tells us what means to use to do the work but we use a different means, we are still following human teaching." https://www.gospelway.com/bible/end_justifies_means.php

We see and know how modern traditional church teaching has strayed from biblical teachings and the lack of tolerance from the church in other's beliefs in biblical teachings. I recall reading the post regarding the Church vs the church. It comes down to the True Love of Christ and what He has already done for us and not what I think I have to do according the traditional teachings of today's church. Today, I heard this song for the first time and felt that it made this same point. So, I will close with sharing this song by Blanca - Real Love. (I hope I'm posting it correctly)

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="
" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I think Asforme&myhouse is correct that it is a paraphrase. I went back and looked at the website and it says that they mainly use the NKJV. I looked at the NKJV and it is not that, but similar. I only originally compared it the KJV for verification and it was similar.

Back