• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

trying to understand from a scriptural standpoint

stinkerbell2u

Hi. I was interested in the poly lifestyle, but I ended up meeting swingers or other types of lifestyles. I'm simply trying to find biblical support or argument against it right now. Thank you for your help.

Welcome! Yes, the Christian Polygyny lifestyle is veeeeeerrrrrryyyy different from the polyamorous lifestyles you might run into elsewhere. FollowingHim has a great article that walks you through marriage from a Biblical standpoint, I've got my notes if you'd rather have more of a scripture "list" with a few thoughts added. Since you specifically mentioned wanting to hear some arguments against, and I'm on my phone, I'll just link mine for now and snag you his when I'm on my computer.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1OBH ... cslist_api

Welcome Stinkerbell! I so hope you will take the time to read what the guys have sent you. I know there are lots of questions in your mind that need answers. Just take a bit at a time and give yourself time to think on it all. I look forward to getting to know you.

Hi stinkerbell2u.

With regards to meeting other types of people, here are some keywords about biblical marriage that will help you identify the differences. People focussed on biblical marriage will like them, swingers and others will run from them:

Lifetime covenant
Family
Children
Permanent

All the best with your quest,

ylop

Back