• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Trying to understand the faith

I come from a polygamist family but left at age 17. Last month I was convicted to become a wife to a polygamist. My life has been very difficult since leaving but much better after a couple years of struggle. I became an entertainer in order to buy a home and find my way. Am I too far gone?

NO, not even. Not even a tiny bit gone. We do what we need to, and some do more than others, yet, the life you talk about (I know it, been there, done that, got the ticket and hand stamp) is a dangerous life, not so much from the clients, but from the risks you take. I will not go into more here, but my wife knows what it means to tape ones back together. That is not my story to tell, however, and you can ask her.

The question I want to ask you, however, is this...

Do you want to keep this lifestyle? What are you looking for five years, ten years, fifteen years, down the line?

Back