• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Twitter poll on polygamy in the Bible

That should be fun... but I can't vote or see.. no Twitter... post some screenshots of the results and best interaction...

There’s a lot of interesting, and sometimes emotional-led comments. This will be great to follow.

So 50% are saying it is wrong according to the Bible and 23% saying it’s not wrong and 11% saying they’re not sure . Those are surprising numbers to me.
Are they surprising to you because of only 50% are sure that it’s wrong?

Might it be that people simply don’t know what is in the Bible anymore?

I don't use X so can't see the comments (if there are any) but I'm guessing there would be more biblically focused responses if the question used the word "sin"; According to the Bible, is it a sin for a man to have more than one wife?

People find excuses to determine all sorts of things are wrong but God defines what is sin. He gave us His law; for by the law is the knowledge of sin (Rom. 3:20). If people were challenged to provide scriptural proofs for their answers regarding "sin" they would have to think the matter through more thoroughly.

Are they surprising to you because of only 50% are sure that it’s wrong?

Might it be that people simply don’t know what is in the Bible anymore?
I was surprised that the 50% wasn’t higher and I’m gobsmacked that a quarter of respondents said is allowed. I’m sure the audience in this case is predisposed towards it but still, that seems high.

I was surprised that the 50% wasn’t higher and I’m gobsmacked that a quarter of respondents said is allowed. I’m sure the audience in this case is predisposed towards it but still, that seems high.
Why?

I have checked account. Messaging is Christian.

Account would be reppelant for mass of LQBT++++++ Christians which is probably reason why number isn't higher.

On other hand there is large group which doesn't consider polygyny bad. A more than good news because it implies social exclusion is dying.

Why?

I have checked account. Messaging is Christian.

Account would be reppelant for mass of LQBT++++++ Christians which is probably reason why number isn't higher.

On other hand there is large group which doesn't consider polygyny bad. A more than good news because it implies social exclusion is dying.
Most Christians have been mislead regarding this issue their entire lives, don't read the Bible very carefully, and don't have a clue that the Bible permits it. Like Zec, I'm surprised so many know the truth.

Most Christians have been mislead regarding this issue their entire lives, don't read the Bible very carefully, and don't have a clue that the Bible permits it. Like Zec, I'm surprised so many know the truth.
Or it people saying what is acceptable in social situations.

Anonimity on Internet does provide more people telling what they really think. And people do have Holy Ghost inside them telling them truth.

Back