• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Uh, Run that By Me Again.

Anybody catch this lately? This is a turning point ladies and gentlemen. The day we give over control of our children to the government is the day we no longer deserve to be called "parents" and the day this nation is doomed for disaster.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fK2y9RQ ... ata_player

Little miss liberal thinks you parents need to get rid of the outdated notion that your children belong to you. I don't know about the rest of you, but I think I'm angry enough I could actually hit a lady (and I use that term loosely) for once.

are you really surprised?

the handbasket that this nation is in is moving faster and faster.

No, not really, but the speed at which this country is going down the drains is so much for me to handle that it helps me maintain some small sense of sanity to act surprised. I only check the political stage once in a while, and every time I come back it's tens times worse of than it was before. (I wonder if it'd be a good time to emigrate?)

Amen to that! The question is emigrate to where? It seems these dangerous ideologies are nearly omnipresent these days. One of the few places I would consider is Israel....at least most of your enemies would be external forces rather than internal ones.

it may be that some are led to leave this (or any other) country,but it is my feeling that YHWH always has a remnant to provide a light for those who would recieve it.
i think that poly is one aspect of the important truths that are being revealed in these last days, however long they may last.

as cecil says, let's trot out the popcorn and watch the spectacle as the Godless continue to "improve" mankind. and let us double-down in our recieving of what YHWH wants to show us.

This stuff really is everywhere, there are issues in most Western countries. Don't emigrate here anyway. A major fear of every thinking parent in the West these days is government agencies taking their children due to some false or biased accusation - by people who think like that. To escape it you'd have to move to the third world - and that brings a whole host of other completely different dangers. We really have to just stand and fight it where we are.

Amen to that! The question is emigrate to where? It seems these dangerous ideologies are nearly omnipresent these days. One of the few places I would consider is Israel....at least most of your enemies would be external forces rather than internal ones.

it may be that some are led to leave this (or any other) country,but it is my feeling that YHWH always has a remnant to provide a light for those who would recieve it.i think that poly is one aspect of the important truths that are being revealed in these last days, however long they may last.

as cecil says, let's trot out the popcorn and watch the spectacle as the Godless continue to "improve" mankind. and let us double-down in our recieving of what YHWH wants to show us.

This stuff really is everywhere, there are issues in most Western countries. Don't emigrate here anyway. A major fear of every thinking parent in the West these days is government agencies taking their children due to some false or biased accusation - by people who think like that. To escape it you'd have to move to the third world - and that brings a whole host of other completely different dangers. We really have to just stand and fight it where we are.

Well, I wouldn't move to Israel for two reasons currently:
1. It's too hot for my taste.
2. It's an area of heated rivalries with very little chance of reconciliation. I'd have better luck brokering a peace with the Mexican drug cartels.

About the only place I can think of where I wouldn't be bothered by the antichrists of the world would be antarctica and there's very little possibility of making a sustainable life there, though I am getting more and more desperate. [ :idea: Actually, come to think of it, Bouvet Island would probably be an even better choice.]

Regardless I would have to agree with steve. I'd prefer to run because it's the easy path, but it's time to stop running from our problems and stand firm in the name of our Saviour, though I don't believe we should just be laying back and spectating as the world goes to hell either. I believe we sould take back what we can of our world, and return it to the light of Yeshua, and I'm convinced that's not going happen through the ballot box (or the Constitution for that matter).

Darn! I was seriously considering New Zealand. Regardless, it will be some time before I have the resources to migrate anywhere.

Imagine that there is a couple let us call them the Bob and Susy Smith. Bob and Susy Smiths have children named John and Jane Smith. The government wants complete control over John and Jane Smiths life while they go to public school (this has been true for more than 20 years), but they claim once they graduate from high school or are old enough not to have mandatory school attendance they will be free. In actuality once John and Jane Smith turn 18 years old they are still expected to obey the government.

I am more disturbed that according to the U.S. government John Smith is not allowed to control the life of John Smith and Jane Smith is not allowed to control the life of Jane Smith (even after they turn 18) than that Bob and Susy Smith are not allowed to control the lives of John and Jane Smith.

The government will not let John Smith control his own life, so why should they allow the parents to control his life except for when the parents encourage him to obey the government

DiscussingTheTopic said:
Imagine that there is a couple let us call them the Bob and Susy Smith. Bob and Susy Smiths have children named John and Jane Smith. The government wants complete control over John and Jane Smiths life while they go to public school (this has been true for more than 20 years), but they claim once they graduate from high school or are old enough not to have mandatory school attendance they will be free. In actuality once John and Jane Smith turn 18 years old they are still expected to obey the government.

I am more disturbed that according to the U.S. government John Smith is not allowed to control the life of John Smith and Jane Smith is not allowed to control the life of Jane Smith (even after they turn 18) than that Bob and Susy Smith are not allowed to control the lives of John and Jane Smith.

The government will not let John Smith control his own life, so why should they allow the parents to control his life except for when the parents encourage him to obey the government

Very well put, but I fail to see how abiding by the law constitutes not being able to control your life?

Crossgeared Viking said:

Very well put, but I fail to see how abiding by the law constitutes not being able to control your life?

If you have to obey laws made by Mr/Mrs/Ms _____ then I fail to see how you are the one in control instead of Mr/Mrs/Ms _____

Back