• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Unbelievers

I want to add something here. I was thinking about the personal story I posted earlier. I don't want any single parents to get the impression that I in any way look down on their single status. It's my opinion that if you have kids, they are now the biggest priority. I have seen kids get hurt because a single parent invested in a relationship that wasn't meant to be. I have really solid friends in ministry some of whom were raised by a single parent. I have a very high regard for those who struggle through the emotional and financial difficulties often thrust upon them by an unfaithful or unreasonable spouse.

Keep the faith, and remember that God's dating pool is the whole world, and not restricted by the geographical limits we have in our minds. Don't settle for anything less than His perfect will.

s3raph1m said:
THis is one of the big reasons why it was forbidden to marry "heathen" women in the OT.

Well, actually ...

Men COULD marry heathen women in the OT under certain circumstances. Let's see ...

a) He had to CAPTURE her in some sort of battle. Not as a result of drinking and lap dancing or whatever (remember Balaam).

b) She had to cut off her hair and mourn her folks for a bit.

c) There was a waiting period involved.

d) While not specifically mentioned, I gather she had to either submit to this or die, as the situaation involved everyone of her people being killed except for any women captured for the purpose of marriage. I guess if they chose to refuse to undergo the process they were graciously allowed to join their ancestors along with the rest of their tribe/city/nation.

Know any heathen women interested in marriage under these circumstances? I guess we could set up a paintball war game of "Capture the Bride" (Instead of the flag). *grin*

Okay, hmmm yes I'm sure the shaving of the head and mourning will make for a memorable honeymoon.

I was referencing verses like Deut 7:3-4, 1 Kings 11:2, Ezra 9:14, etc.

No, I get it that you are joking. Just affirming the principles I was taught and what I have seen as far as successful marriages.

I do have a "steady hand and a dead eye" as the Old Westerns used to say... my groupings tend to be small, so if it's a paintball war you want... :D

it is easy to misread posts.

Getting back to Unbelievers and Marriage, one has to question why a believer would seek an unbeliever for a partner. Here are some answers, and I think we could come up with many:

Insecure
Lack of trust in God
Afraid
Lonely
Rebellious

etc...

God has an answer for all of these issues, and we who are stronger in the Lord should be doing every thing in our power to encourage people to put first things first, amen!?

Hi guys, don't forget shanade o'connor, she pulled the bald look quite well in the late 80s. lol
Seriously, I like to rank the heart of a person more than what label they gave themselves. I met some ladies that called themselves "Christian" that didn't act like it and a few ambiguous (non Christian) ones that had a pure heart. My first wife was not Christian when we first met and later became a believer. So, yes this I said is a controversial thing and you do take a bigger chance yoking yourself with a non Christian but, maybe you can be FRIENDS for a while and see if he or she will become one.
Have you guys seen the divorce (even abortion) statistics between Christians and non Christians? They are about the same, that should tell something about the condition of people's heart. Besides, church attendance does not equal being Christian, it is just a possible sign. Remember what the "come out of her my people" means...

In my case, I was tired of looking, ready to settle down, found a sweet steady loving girl and married her. I think much depends on the heart of the people. Right now, I am still on a dating vacation but do recall that.

Caveat:
Proceed with caution and much hard prayer, results may vary. lol

If your own faith is not very grounded, then this may not work at all because God should be our leader and foundation anyways.

Oscar

Back