• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Unjudgement

Unjudgemental

Female
I am not a polygamist but I do believe that as long as the individuals practicing this belief should be at least 18 when they enter into their marriages. I Don't belted believe people care unless it's minors that are involved for fear of abuse. But when the parties are 18 and over I don't see the difference in a man being single and having children with different women and most of the time one woman don't know about the other and there is so much drama involved with the children suffering from it.

Now I have really put some thought into this subject, I am a monogamist, and can contest that divorce is on the rise. Reasons range from cheating to finances. Now I viewed polygamist marriage and I have come up with this, in my belief, if a groupof women that are over 18 decide to share a man openly without incident how is that the government's business? If they can juggle each others emotions, financially can support each other without government assistance then let them be. For real same sex relationships can marry but they can't? Why?

My research suggest that a polygamist is only legally married to one woman and the others are married through a ceremony. Based on that and the law that's not a bigamy. Bigamy is when you are legally under the law married to more than one wife. What I see is the government has the problem that majority of the families they have a problem with is when the wives are under the age of 18. So therefore my thoughts is all wives should be. 18 or over.

In addition, I thought the US was designed so citizens could practice the religion they want openly without fear of punishment. The pressure of the government legally punishing polygamist families is like when black people had no rights. In the case I have laid out to me is discriminatory in nature, the government needs to except and put this into laws that is acceptable to the land to include polygamy.

Welcome.

Welcome!

Welcome!
As you don't seem to need help right noe but are just introducing yourself, I'll shift this to the introductions section, just to keep things organised.

Welcome

Welcome

I am not a polygamist but I do believe that as long as the individuals practicing this belief should be at least 18 when they enter into their marriages. I Don't belted believe people care unless it's minors that are involved for fear of abuse. But when the parties are 18 and over I don't see the difference in a man being single and having children with different women and most of the time one woman don't know about the other and there is so much drama involved with the children suffering from it.

Now I have really put some thought into this subject, I am a monogamist, and can contest that divorce is on the rise. Reasons range from cheating to finances. Now I viewed polygamist marriage and I have come up with this, in my belief, if a groupof women that are over 18 decide to share a man openly without incident how is that the government's business? If they can juggle each others emotions, financially can support each other without government assistance then let them be. For real same sex relationships can marry but they can't? Why?

My research suggest that a polygamist is only legally married to one woman and the others are married through a ceremony. Based on that and the law that's not a bigamy. Bigamy is when you are legally under the law married to more than one wife. What I see is the government has the problem that majority of the families they have a problem with is when the wives are under the age of 18. So therefore my thoughts is all wives should be. 18 or over.

In addition, I thought the US was designed so citizens could practice the religion they want openly without fear of punishment. The pressure of the government legally punishing polygamist families is like when black people had no rights. In the case I have laid out to me is discriminatory in nature, the government needs to except and put this into laws that is acceptable to the land to include polygamy.
Well Said ...
The Problem Here Is (The Government) Forgot About (Common Law) Which Is Our They Do Not Control Nor Can Gainsay Nor Dismiss ! Common Law In Definition Is : (Our Yah/God Given Law) Which We Are Given As (Yah/God Created Human Beings) As We Were Created (Freeman) And (Common Law Under Yah/God Is Our Yah/God Given Right. In Definition : To Exercise Polygynous Or Monogamous Lifestyles.

Mostly good stuff, but a couple of corrections:

My mother-in-law got married at I think 15 and was happily married for over 50 years, so I do not think young marriage is absolutely a problem. Forced non-consensual marriage is always a problem.

If one wants to attempt something counter cultural like polygamy staying way safe by not marrying someone who is a minor is a good idea, even if it is legal in your state (each state is different).

Not all polygamists even legally marry one woman. Increasingly government licesenses are being seen as non-relavent to marriage, even among non-polygamists.

Having one, or even no marriage licenses will not absolutely keep you safe from the law. In Texas and other states even "purporting" (claiming) more than one wife is a felony. If you call her a girlfriend you are good, but if you claim she is a wife, now you are a felon. Stupid but true.

In Michigan it is a felony to even advocate for polygamy.

There are lots of stupid laws on the books and polygamy needs to be decriminalized.

Thank you for your support and welcome to the forum.

This is awesome! We need support from monogamists such as yourself, if we are ever going to change the unjust/overreaching laws that govern us. Help us to spread the word, and we can accomplish this, one state at a time! Thank you!

Back