• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Unplanned pregnancy 6 months postpartum

Evo

Female
Hi ladies,

I have a boy that's almost 7 months and just discovered that I am expecting another baby.

I don't feel well in my body and mind.
Had a c-section, this one will probably be a C-section again.

My boy is still a baby, he still needs me.
Resumed work few months ago, how is the company going to react when realising that I have to go on leave again (a long leave)

Don't know what to do.

Need you advise, please share your experience.

If you are in the USA then your company doesn't have much to say aside from asking you to file your FMLA paperwork.

If they say something anyway there's a ton of state and Federal agencies who will help them gain an understanding of the law.

Praying the Lord will show you and your husband what needs to be done for this season.

Congratulations on the new baby! Don't let the Enemy make you think of it as anything less than a BLESSING, even in the present hardship.

I reiterate what Julie has said. We had our first two children 15 months apart, and many people, believers included implied that we were foolish or irresponsible. God impressed on us then, that our world view was being shaped by our culture, rather than his word. His word says children are a treasure. We are to trust his sovereignty over our lives and families. His timing is perfect and he will provide, whatever your employer may think. Our oldest two children are still best friends now at 26 and 25 years old. Praying for you and your family. ❤️

My babies all came close together like that. It's very doable. You may not have to have a c-section again, you might not have the same problem. All babies are a blessing, no matter how they come about :).
Are you able to work from home at all?
This baby is God's plan, so things will all work out. He knows the problems, and He knows everything that you need.

Hi ladies,

I have a boy that's almost 7 months and just discovered that I am expecting another baby.

Resumed work few months ago, how is the company going to react when realising that I have to go on leave again (a long leave)

Don't know what to do.

My first two were 19 months a part, I wouldn't trade it for anything. It was nice having them close together, they enjoyed the same toys, the played on the same level where as if they were 5 years apart their interests would have been different. Babies are such a blessing!

I will be praying for you! My grandmother had two babies exactly 9 months apart... bodies can do amazing things, both babies were healthy. This season will pass. I will also pray for your work, that they will be compassionate and understanding.

I know of women who wish they had more children, but no mothers of many who wish they had fewer.

I have nine and love them all. I'd take another....but after the losses we've had I just want to be thankful for what we have.

Being a mother, growing a child and giving birth, is the hardest work you'll do.....but it's the most rewarding and amazing too!

Congratulations! I pray you are granted wisdom and strength for the journey.

First off, Congratulations! I just wanted to encourage you to feel comfortable enough to see a doctor or seek therapy if you're not feeling well in your mind like you stated, especially if you think you're experiencing postpartum. It may help ease some of your stress and worries about the new pregnancy. Some churches offer free or low cost counselling to members, just a thought.

Last edited:
Everyone here has given you wonderful advice/words. And yes, don’t let the enemy bring you down on this. Remember that children are a blessing from the Lord. Not the same with what you are going through but I remember my family and I had to move to another state because Hubby was laid off. He had to leave us for a month to prepare a place and leased an apartment until we bought our home. We already had 3 children and here we were uprooting to go to another place. I found out not to long afterwards that I was expecting again. Boy, did the emotions hit the roof between Hubby and I but we knew in the end that this was the Lord’s plan. I guess the point to this is that no matter what happens, God will see you through. He did with us and never failed us. Hubby was blessed with a good job and we never went without. Give it all to Him and let Him direct your paths. Have Faith in Him. I know that it is easier said than done but give it to Him. ❤️💐

Hi ladies,

Don't know what to do.

Babies are definitely a blessing. Let me tell you how God came through for me and my family.

With a lot of pushing from the Lord and digging into His Word my husband and I realized that the Lord was the one who should regulate the womb. Before that, we had bought into the whole idea that America pushes about babies being such burdens and needing to be super prepared for each and every one, and don't have too many or you'll be too overwhelmed and end up being bad parents who neglect your children. But we realized that He would provide for however many He would give us. So, on my last month of insurance that I had I went and got my IUD removed, we had no plan and no idea what the Lord would do with our step in faith. About 6 months later I got pregnant, funny thing is is that once I knew having a baby was on the table again it, made me want one so much more...but anyways.. This pregnancy was harder, it wasnt like the pregnancies I had when I was 17 and 19. I was now 27 and a lot of the help my husband had from me went out the window because I was so tired and exhausted all the time. Then the baby came and he was a handful!! So much more needy and particular than either of my other boys had been!! There was just no way that I could keep up on all the house work and the homeschooling and helping my husband serving the church(because he was a very involved elder), and obviously taking care of the baby..so everything suffered, and I was exhausted.. all the time.
So you know what God did? lol First He showed me the problem, then He showed me the solution. My sister who needed a good, godly husband, who was living in our house was my solution. God gave her and my husband feelings for each other out of the blue and she became his wife. Now SHE helps me with everything AND I'm pregnant again!(Lol) but I dont worry about how I'm going to be able to manage handling everything anymore because I know that no matter how much help my husband needs, God will provide it. I've got somebody around who can pick up my slack when I'm tired or not feeling good so I dont have to feel like I'm being run into the ground by a pile of work way too high.

That's how God came through for me and I think I needed to see what it was like without her help before I could truely see how much of a blessing she actually is as my husband's wife. BUT that's just how God came through for me and my family. I'm sure He's got a fantastic way that He'll come through for yours. (Important info for this story though- I never would have gotten to see how amazing He came through for me if I hadn't listened and obeyed His promptings and wanted more than anything to please and obey Him. Seek Him first and THEN He will provide for all of your needs..and add many many blessings as well! Matt. 6:33, Heb. 11:6)

My point with all of this is dont worry about all the ifs, ands, and buts. Let God figure those out and just focus on serving Him and your husband to the best of your ability :)
I pray you can trust Him and seek Him first and that He will bless you for it!

Dear Ladies,

Thank you sooo much for sharing your experiences with me.
It is such a blessing to have you all.
May God bless each one of you.

Not easy with the morning sickness but by God's grace everything shall be alright.

Remember me in your prayers (that the pregnancy goes well, I gave birth safely and God touching the heart of my managers)

I found out I was pregnant with my daughter when my son was just 3 months old. Now my daughter is 4 months old. Her and her brother are 11 1/2 months apart and are both October babies. It is totally doable.

I had both naturally, with midwives, and no complications. Have you heard of or considered a vbac? A lot of women who have had c-sections have had vbacs (vaginal delivery) successfully. Just saw a woman on YouTube the other day who had babies about as close together as mine are, and her first was an emergency c-section, while 2nd was a successful vbac. You could just go over all the pros and cons with your doctor and/or midwife.

Hi ladies,

Don't know what to do.

I am sorry you are struggling. Depending on where you work, there are legal provisions allowing for leave due to childbirth. I have 2 close in age (now 4.5 months and 20 months) (My little girl was close to 7 months when I got pregnant again) and worried about caring for each of them, esp. with pregnancy and postpartum fatigue, etc. I was still nursing when I got pregnant and my milk supply decreased as a result which was hard. HOWEVER, I will say that their needs are different and individual and it is not as hard as I thought it would be :) we are here for you to vent with. I hope you find some peace. Shalom sister

T
I found out I was pregnant with my daughter when my son was just 3 months old. Now my daughter is 4 months old. Her and her brother are 11 1/2 months apart and are both October babies. It is totally doable.

I had both naturally, with midwives, and no complications. Have you heard of or considered a vbac? A lot of women who have had c-sections have had vbacs (vaginal delivery) successfully. Just saw a woman on YouTube the other day who had babies about as close together as mine are, and her first was an emergency c-section, while 2nd was a successful vbac. You could just go over all the pros and cons with your doctor and/or midwife

I had both naturally, with midwives, and no complications. Have you heard of or considered a vbac? A lot of women who have had c-sections have had vbacs (vaginal delivery) successfully. Just saw a woman on YouTube the other day who had babies about as close together as mine are, and her first was an emergency c-section, while 2nd was a successful vbac. You could just go over all the pros and cons with your doctor and/or midwife.
Thanks a lot for your message. It's sooo encouraging

Back