• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Urgent! July retreat info and question for you!

nathan

Administrator
Staff member
Real Person
Male
Hi all, here's the deal: most reasonable (and reasonably priced) places in the Tenn or NC mountains have booked up for our weekend. We've found one place that seems like it would be great (hotel style rooms, bigger shared bunkbed rooms, separate cabins, big meeting room, separate dining/kitchen room - all together), but they aren't available 9-11th.

They ARE available July 2nd-4th. We have found in the past that holiday weekends can be good retreat times for people to get away - but I thought that it would be hard to book anything for July 4th weekend.

So, question for you to answer, as soon as you see this: If you were considering coming, would July 2nd-4th work for you? If you were not able to come previously, would this weekend perhaps work for you?

If you don't answer, I'll assume either works for you, or that you are not able to make either date. (We'd have to keep looking for a place for the 9th-11th.) One plus of the 4th is that many people have the 5th off, and some of us could stick around and visit longer, Sunday night and Monday.

We hope to make this decision within 72 hours and we will take in to account accommodating the most people, so please respond here ASAP or email you answers to retreats@biblicalfamilies.org.

Thanks!, Nathan

If I can come up with the financial means to come, the 2nd - 4th sounds best to me. :)

Dave

While I don't yet know whether or not attending is a real possibility or not for us yet, the time around the 4th definitely improves the chances, for the reason that you already noted.

Whatever works. Any thought to the 16-18th?

If it is the 2-4th I do not believe I can attend for the entire time due to conflicts on the 4th.

Possibly on the 2nd only. The original weekend was perfect but I totally understand...

Much better for us a different weekend truthfully but do what you must do as other family events going on the 4th.

-Your thoughts?

Rome

This would probably be the best weekend for me to attend (2-4).

I think either is fine. I just really need to find out if I take a flight out if some one can pick me up. As long as it's in Tenn I am good too go.

Well, before you schedule your flight, you should know this, the place we're looking at is in NC, 45 minutes north of Asheville. We spent many hours looking for another place today - on theTennessee side, and on the 9-11th, but found nothing fit for us, and available then. I'll post here again by Friday night with a final answer, hopefully.

For those that might "fly direct" - what is the actual town? (There's probably a GA airport somewhere close. ;) )

My husband and I took the 9th-11th off for this retreat but understand if you guys have to switch the date. The weekend of the 4th wouldn't work for us.

Michelle

I am banned from VA due too PM so the reason why I say NC is no good is cause most time to fly too NC they stop in VA for some reason. The deal I made with the DA is I don't even go to VA for a lay over and they leave me alone. So if I don't have to go there I should still be ok.

Just FYI, nothing new has come of our search for a place on the 9-11th, and we have tentatively reserved the 2-4th at the location we have found. From now on we will plan campground retreats at least 6 months ahead. I extend an a profuse apology to all affected, including those who may not have posted here. I'll update the website shortly, and the next newsletter will focus on the July retreat and new dates.

Please forgive us for any hassle, and I hope all of you considering will be able to make the new weekend.

lutherangirl said:
My husband and I took the 9th-11th off for this retreat but understand if you guys have to switch the date. The weekend of the 4th wouldn't work for us.

So what are you saying, Michelle? That certain members of BF are just gonna have to drive NORTH after the 4th, and hold a South Michigan retreat the weekend of the 9th? :lol: Ooookay ...

You been waiting a long time to attend a retreat. Y'alls GOTTA find a way to get to this one. Ya just GOTTA!

We will be there, were able to get vacation dates changed.

Seven

I hate to confuse the issue at all but is it possible to bring it back to Georgia? I'm a little biased but there's nowhere north of Asheville that would be anymore convenient and can't believe that the prices wouldn't be much higher.

I'm sure we'll get back to GA sometime, but this location should be better than that one for folks staying on property, no driving necessary. And we are trying to stay a little more accessible for people from the far North, too. It's reserved, and I'd be surprised if there was many of those GA state park cabins available anyway for either weekend in July - that's the problem with the mountains in the summer.

Just FYI, actual confirmation time for the July 4th retreat is here - I'll send that email out by Wednesday. Given interest so far, we will be looking at 80+ people including children, for this retreat. We have some ideas on some optional sessions this year, and many of us will be staying until Monday. Bring your hiking boots, too. If you haven't requested the info by email, do it now! retreats@biblicalfamilies.org

Back