• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Vegas, baby -October 9-11th, Retreat!

I would strongly encourage anyone to attend one of these retreats. I hate missing even one. They are uplifting, enlightening and they foster so much in our friendships. I can't go to this one, because I have used up all my vacation time, but I will definitely be there in spirit. I hope it is the best one yet.

SweetLissa

Chaplains Rose and I would like to attend this one as well.....BUT......I will be performing a wedding that same weekend. I would like to encourage all who can go, to attend. The retreats are a bless.

I hope to attend. Retreats are always special and each one is a little different then others, but always a blessing.

Okay, folks! It's time to start thinking about Vegas, Oct 9-11!

lasvegas_sign.jpg

Blessings,

Doc

We are coming to Vegas and look forward to meeting everyone in attendance. Flights and hotel are booked. For great rates on Airfare in select areas go to http://www.allegiantair.com , just watch out for the upsell add-on products.

Curtis

After buying plane tickets to Vegas and renting a car, etc. etc. my step sister called me to tell me my neice was too sick to go, so I had to change all of our flights or none of our flights, otherwise it would be a waste of money. My roommate and I were thinking of driving, but I have school on Monday and it would just be too hard. This week has been a tough week for me. I really hope you all have a wonderful time, and if anything changes I will let someone know. Maybe I will make it to a different one. :)

Just a quick note to say we had a good time in Vegas, despite a number not being able to make it who had planned to, we still had 16 adults present, from 7 different states. 10 of those folks were new to Biblical Families retreats, but we quickly got comfortable together -( perhaps a bit too comfortable, eh, Seth?) Lots of personal journey sharing ensued, and some challenging questions on scripture interpretation were debated - especially over meals (likely a bit too loudly, raising some eyebrows in the Japanese restaurant). We kept each other on the straight and narrow on a couple of downtime walks to the "Strip" (or "another Planet", as Doc put it) - just to see the Bellagio fountain and seasonal decorations, of course!

I don't think we'll be meeting in Vegas again soon, but at least we did get to meet a couple Vegas local gentlemen, one of whom had been hoping we'd come here for some time.

I hope some other attendees will use this thread to share their take-aways.

Oh, and someone who shall remain nameless chose to "out us" to hotel staff, but, hey, it's Vegas, and we never heard a negative peep.

I am guessing it isn't the same person who "outed" us in North Carolina?

SweetLissa

My first time attendance. The wife did not want to attend and asked me to "check them out" Well, I had a great time. Learned especially from the "men's break out, and enjoyed talking and meeting everybody. Thanks to all.

Robert,

I was so glad to see you there, and we will continue to pray for you and your wife. God is doing a work there.

BLessings

Doc

Back