• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Very interesting book - check it out (Eros Made Sacred)

Mark C

Seasoned Member
Real Person
Male
I thought I had posted this link before here, but couldn't find it myself, so I suspect it bears repeating:

This is an excellent book by James Wesley Stivers, called Eros Mad Sacred - The Biblical Case for Polygamy:

http://familyabbeys.org/eros.htm

It is quite a thought-provoking read.

That was an interesting read that was well written. I was not prepared for the last section and the authors angle on the survival of the white race. He did write in a manner that was easy to read and understand.

That part caught me off-guard, too, P-nta. (And apologies if any were offended.)

The book has been considerably rewritten in the public domain version, but I'll have to do a comparison to know for sure what is different. There's an earlier example that I originally read several years back which, IIRC, put a bit more emphasis on the actual title, showing the connection between monogyny, goddess worship, and matriarchy and feminism.

I hadn't realized when I first posted the link to the "public-domain" version that there were ANY differences with the one that is up on a few other sites.

Back