• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Victory Gardens

That was a great video. I watched a program on PBS about victory gardens. They always raised rabbits for food, too, during WWII

I recently inquired about buying rabbits from a local supplier and his price is $7/lb. That's almost $20 for a 2-3lb dressed rabbit, more expensive then N.Y. strip steaks...go figure.

That doesn't make sense to me either. I'll take a good steak over anything every time. :lol:

We have wild rabbits around here that you can hunt......they are a bit sinewy though, or so I hear!

You know, it was all the bad food items that were rationed, that is why so many people (not occupied countries of course) were more healthy during the war than before and after.

B

Yeah, I contacted someone to see if they'd hunt a few critters so I could try them out, and nothing yet! Rabbit hunting season ends here at the end of Feb.

Back