• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Video: The Death Of The Girlboss?

MeganC

Seasoned Member
Real Person*
Female
I am posting this in the Biblical Issues Other than Marriage and Family section because I believe this video supports more than one Biblical view of a particular issue.

The description of this You Tube video is as follows and the link will follow my post:

Feb 21, 2024
393,476 views • Feb 21, 2024

The recent flop of Madame Web has caused mainstream media outlets to make a shocking admission - women don't watch all that many superhero movies. But what does this mean for the future? And coming after a disastrous series of female-led flops, could we be witnessing the death of the cinematic girlboss?

The reviewer is secular yet he says a lot of things we say here on BF. Radical things like,
  • Men and women have different interests
  • Men and women are turned off by women acting in the roles of men
It's that latter part which attracted the interest of my daughter Laura who follows movies and popular culture.

Even the secular humanist culture that surrounds us acknowledges the Design of God and our natural alignment with being male or female. It is unnatural for a woman to act as a man in a traditionally male and masculine role. Fighter pilots, boxers, superheroes...these roles are anti-feminine.

The movie-going audience asserts these traditional roles with their wallets and purses. They're rejecting the roles that Hollywood and the anti-family woke are trying to foist on everyone. And Hollywood is of course stuck on stupid and insisting on this garbage no matter how much money they lose.

The good news, according to the video, is that the bankers behind Hollywood are pulling the plug on this anti-feminine agenda because no one is buying it.

I wanted to post this here because to me this is a validation of traditional Biblical views. No matter how 'woke' the public might claim to be they understand in their hearts that people are male and female and that people are happiest when men are men and women are women.

I’m a little concerned that they might try to bridge the gap with trans themes.

Oh well, more Go Woke, Go Broke.

Let's hope so.

Remember that they didn't make these movies because people wanted them. They made them because they are trying to subvert society.

I think that they made them because, in their esteemed opinion, people should want them.

^^^^
This.

I am posting this in the Biblical Issues Other than Marriage and Family section because I believe this video supports more than one Biblical view of a particular issue.

The description of this You Tube video is as follows and the link will follow my post:

Feb 21, 2024
393,476 views • Feb 21, 2024

The recent flop of Madame Web has caused mainstream media outlets to make a shocking admission - women don't watch all that many superhero movies. But what does this mean for the future? And coming after a disastrous series of female-led flops, could we be witnessing the death of the cinematic girlboss?

The reviewer is secular yet he says a lot of things we say here on BF. Radical things like,
  • Men and women have different interests
  • Men and women are turned off by women acting in the roles of men
It's that latter part which attracted the interest of my daughter Laura who follows movies and popular culture.

Even the secular humanist culture that surrounds us acknowledges the Design of God and our natural alignment with being male or female. It is unnatural for a woman to act as a man in a traditionally male and masculine role. Fighter pilots, boxers, superheroes...these roles are anti-feminine.

The movie-going audience asserts these traditional roles with their wallets and purses. They're rejecting the roles that Hollywood and the anti-family woke are trying to foist on everyone. And Hollywood is of course stuck on stupid and insisting on this garbage no matter how much money they lose.

The good news, according to the video, is that the bankers behind Hollywood are pulling the plug on this anti-feminine agenda because no one is buying it.

I wanted to post this here because to me this is a validation of traditional Biblical views. No matter how 'woke' the public might claim to be they understand in their hearts that people are male and female and that people are happiest when men are men and women are women.

Interesting observation about Barbie and Maverick, the two biggest films of the last year each pandered to one of the sexes. Fascinating.

Back