• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Vision Forum's Confession on hermeneutics

maddog2

I also have a problem with the statement,
"WE DENY that God has a double standard of morality (one for His people and a different one for the cultures of the unbelieving world) or any notion of ethical relativism."
Here's why: God "corrects" his children in order to change their behavior. We generally would not hand out spankings to the neighbor's children because they are "not my problem". We readily accept that their parents will do that for them and it is very frowned upon if we do. Same idea with God but on a larger scale. God's children existed side by side with many nations but He did not choose to correct the idolatry of the Egyptians, etc. As a matter of fact, He ALLOWED the bad kids on the block to beat up HIS kids! Imagine the shock on our children's faces as we stood back and watched the beating, shaking our fingers thus saying "I told you not to do that..."
The Egyptian army was obliterated when God told them to leave his kids alone, not for murder, not for idolatry, not for covetousness, blah blah blah, the spanking was over for His children.
It is not moral relativism nor double standard, for if one chooses to become a believer, he then is adopted and must abide by the "rules of the house." The OT and NT are filled with contrasts between "God's children" and "Not God's children(children of your father the devil...)" The world will encourage feminism but God's children should emphasize the "... heirs together of the grace of life... that your prayers are not hindered."
If one chooses to NOT follow Jehovah, then they will dine at the table of an evil father. Don't miss the contrast that Jesus pointed out, "you wouldn't give a rock for bread..." Yet, we wish to call ourselves God-followers and choose to live like the world with all the counterfeit trappings, e.g., my rights, feminism, choice, materialism, etc. God's Law applies to God's children. When there is no law, they(the world) don't know sin. Then the Law comes and they (as well we) must make a decision as to who to follow. Our Father is not deaf to the cries of the children of the deceiver(He will get fed up and act with fury) however, it's our task to invite the neighbor kids to our house for a nice dinner, complete with Bread and Wine.

m

Sadly this seems to be the norm. Even for all the forums and churches who are condemning the others for cherry picking what they want to believe. They somehow fall way short in regards to PM. The same logic they use to support their other beliefs, such as, "Christ didn't take anything from the law" they simply don't apply it to PM. They will use the same arguments the new age believers use to try and support their stand on it. The really sad thing is, you can tell they know they are doing it too, They know that by taking the stand they do, for the reasons they do, they are knocking out the foundation of their argument for pretty much everything else they believe.

Back