• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Voluntary micro chips

I've been experimenting with DDG, and am about ready to lose google altogether.

I've been experimenting with DDG, and am about ready to lose google altogether.
By forcing diversity Google will eventually lose talent they should have secured. Those talented folks will join competitors...and Goggle may go the way of MySpace sooner than later.

And I am fine with that! :p

You know, I don't turn on my phone's GPS either (except a few times by accident, after which I immediately shut it off again). I already know where I am, thank you very much, and no one else needs to know (although they could get a rough guess from cell-tower usage, I suppose). Besides, I enjoy reading maps.

But after thinking about the above issues for the past few days, (plus the recent Google firing scandal) I'm seriously thinking about giving DuckDuckGo a try, as an alternative search engine to Google.
Thanks for the suggestion. Just made DDG my default search engine.

Startpage.com is the best search engine in my opinion, it uses Google so usually gives more relevant results than DuckDuckGo for the things I tend to search for, but anonymises everything so Google doesn't know it was you doing the search.

However there are some things that Google deliberately hides but DuckDuckGo does not. As a simple example, try searching for pirated movie torrent files on Google - you won't get anything, and it will appear that nobody has put that movie on the internet. The same search on DuckDuckGo will reveal dozens of sites you can download the movie from. I'm not advocating movie piracy, this is just an easy way to see Google's filtering explicitly, they are removing content that is illegal in the USA, while DuckDuckGo is not. If they're doing this, what else are they filtering out that they don't want searchers to see? The way torrent files are so effectively hidden by Google that it appears they simply don't exist shows that if Google decided to censor anything else, Christian theology for instance, it would effectively vanish from the internet as most people would never find it. Most people have become completely dependent on Google to simply use the internet. So it's good to jump between search engines if you can't find something, just to be sure.

I leave my phone's GPS off, but turn it on occasionally to get directions through a city, or to a rural client who I've never visited before. It's useful, but the potential for tracking is dangerous. But even if Android says it's switched off, Google could be turning it on behind the scenes and watching me without displaying that fact to me, and I'd never know. I'm increasingly considering getting a basic old brick phone again, I no longer trust this smartphone sitting in my pocket and potentially spying on everything I say. Yet I'm addicted so I keep it...

Very interesting
It raises a question in my mind
Reading another thread yesterday made me think
At what point does moderation become censorship or an abuse of power
If you can't understand a point of view or opinion, does it give a moderator the right to delete it or threaten to?
Is this where it all begins?

Reading another thread yesterday made me think
At what point does moderation become censorship or an abuse of power
If you can't understand a point of view or opinion, does it give a moderator the right to delete it or threaten to?
Is this where it all begins?
I'm going to explain this once.

There is no point at which moderation of a discussion forum becomes censorship or abuse of power. This is a private group, entitled to define itself any way it wants, and the terms "censorship" and "abuse of power" have no meaning here, except to identify whomever uses those terms in this context as a threat to the health of the group. We do not maintain this platform for the convenience of others with incongruent agendas; the trustees of this group and the moderators of this forum give of their resources at the expense of their families to promote the mission of this group as it is understood and agreed upon by the trustees.

If you're so threatened by that idea that you can try to connect simple moderation of malcontents on this forum to the ultimate apocalyptic suppression of worldwide commerce, then this is probably not the right group for you. We have to be men before we can lead our families.

Meanwhile, let's keep this thread on track. I thought the video was pretty good, and the more people that watch it and understand the implications, the better.

I had something downright creepy happen yesterday. I received an unsolicited text on my iPhone wishing me a happy Eid Mubarak and inviting me to donate to an Islamic charity called LifeUSA, which is located near Dearborn. They claim they are helping Syria, and that they do not discriminate based on religion. Berrrry Eeeeeenteresting.

I had something downright creepy happen yesterday. I received an unsolicited text on my iPhone wishing me a happy Eid Mubarak and inviting me to donate to an Islamic charity called LifeUSA, which is located near Dearborn. They claim they are helping Syria, and that they do not discriminate based on religion. Berrrry Eeeeeenteresting.

Eet vas stoopid.

I'm going to explain this once.

There is no point at which moderation of a discussion forum becomes censorship or abuse of power. This is a private group, entitled to define itself any way it wants, and the terms "censorship" and "abuse of power" have no meaning here, except to identify whomever uses those terms in this context as a threat to the health of the group. We do not maintain this platform for the convenience of others with incongruent agendas; the trustees of this group and the moderators of this forum give of their resources at the expense of their families to promote the mission of this group as it is understood and agreed upon by the trustees.

If you're so threatened by that idea that you can try to connect simple moderation of malcontents on this forum to the ultimate apocalyptic suppression of worldwide commerce, then this is probably not the right group for you. We have to be men before we can lead our families.

Meanwhile, let's keep this thread on track. I thought the video was pretty good, and the more people that watch it and understand the implications, the better.

Thanks Andrew
Your post leaves me uncertain of weather I should defend my person or what I was actually asking
Although I can see where my ineptness at communication has not helped me.
Respectfully and gently see my point please
As I see it
When I use the word "Moderate" I use it as it is found in the dictionary
There is no reference to BF
Most websites moderate their content somehow and it is something that happens in more than one place not just here. It is not exclusive to discussion or forums here.
It may not be a person as there are even robots scanning for content
When I'm referring to moderation it does not automatically default to mean the good men performing this task here! To me and everybody else in the real world it means the task of moderating like facebook or google.
Please note at no point did I say " moderation of this site" or anything along those lines

the video context in which I was asking the questions (The post before mine)
( ultimate apocalyptic suppression ..) the word "censorship" and the term "abuse of power" we view differently than if I was referring to, specific moderation of discussion here, which I was defiantly NOT trying to do!
I respect you guys to much for that.

In the video an unfortunate was labeled incorrectly as racist and then her profile deleted
The term for this deletion is "the moderation of extreme behaviour"
This is my focus of thought
It wasn't about you or anyone here!

The point is we will all eventually be seen as extreme, labeled as a threat because our ideas are not compatible with society and then ejected deleted or ... extinguished good night
The world does not understand our opinion or point of view
They would rather delete ...us

The question is ; is this where it begins?!
Context is everything

I'd like to think I'm no threat. No doubt you will decide for yourself.
Maybe ask me what I mean before you judge me
I'm a bit clumsy but not stupid... Ok I made a stupid mistake. I can own it
I actually love what you guys do and value it far much to willingly Threaten you
If I'm a real danger to you I'd willingly remove myself in a heartbeat.

Back