• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Want a family ally to advocate marriage for me old school

I have weighed my options and for me personally the best option seems to be a matchmaker of the right kind. In order to marry someone overseas it is important to have family or community connections, especially in a certain culture, otherwise you can end up held for hostage, mugged or dead. I have the opportunity to be matched but my potential matchmakers believe in the monogamy only position. I felt this ruled out matchmakers, I tried internet dating sites, because the matchmakers, were ruled out and ended up finding someone overseas from this same culture I want to marry if she is real. I feel it is not safe to go over and marry her without a overseas family network to support me, because I literally need security to make sure she is a real person and no one armed and dangerous comes to hold me hostage or mug and kill me if I come to marry her. Because of this I still feel like I have ended up needing someone to be if not a matchmaker at least a marriage advocate/representative who can use family/community/tribal ties to help me. This situation is so ironic, for when bypassing the marriage advocate opportunity with dating sites, it ends up I feel a need for a marriage advocate with the woman I found on the dating sites. I did not want to bypass a marriage advocate but to go through a marriage advocate but my potential matchmakers believe in the monogamy only position.

Please pray that I have a trust-able family or Church family to help me with marriage advocacy/representation and or matchmaking or that some woman/women in America (who are open to polygyny) finds me who is open to discuss issues of marriage up front in a non-physical courtship type relationship that is explicitly stated to be for the purpose of seeing if marriage should be done. I feel ties of friendship with some members of the family that I want to match me, and I would prefer that I am matched through this family as I want to be able to have a trust/friendship/family like relationship with my matchmakers.

Re: Want a family ally to advocate marriage for me old schoo

itainteasy said:

I guess that could potentially help.

I have people who could already potentially be matchmakers or marriage advocates for me, but they believe in the monogamy only position, or are very busy, or other reasons. I believe if someone has a change of heart or I run into the right person or family in this city I could find a matchmaker, could you still pray that I run into the right family to match me or advocate for me or that someone has a change of heart.

Thank you

Back