• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

We are having a girl! pray for wisdom and agrement

We are having a girl! pray for wisdom and agremement between me and my wife. I prayed ast winter and sought the lord for another child andwe just had an ultrasound and we are having a daughtet! (All boys preveously) However with this comes the respocibility of protecting her. Last time i posted for prayer God answered marvelously. He opened my wifes eyes to things she. Never realized and put an end to things with relitives that she wouldnt let me talk about or deal with before. So now i am asking for your prayer suport in dealing with an ex-husband of. One of my wifes half aunts. (One of the main women i asked for prayer about last time. ) do to coments made by my wife i feel his is a pedofile. But my wife wouldnt let me say anything or confront him because it is too embaresing , hurtful, too sensitive of a subjectt. He also has lots of money and no heir so all the family is constantly encouraving everyone to say nothing about his criminal past. So once i started pointing out that somethings that happened to her were abuse she now says nothing was done to her and she was just messed up as a little child and it must have been all her fault. Its become so sensitive a subject. Especially after i pointed something out to someone about her dad and he is now in prison that i ca. ntven disuse anything about her past abuse or relitives of hers without her going hysterical. So please pray for wisdom that i might be able to keep all male relitives on her dads side of her family especially L.G . J.A. and W.A. would never touch my new daughter. Also for God to work and open my wifes eyes and that we could be in agreement and this would not become.Divises and drive a wedge begween us. I tried telling someone last. Week (a teacher and close relitive on another side of the family) about one of the things that has happened, and it just left her acting hystarical about how hurtfull that i would tell anyone her childhood . I dont want this to damage my marriage and i also dont want to let. These child abusers have thier way. So i need to pray and ask you all to do the same. Until God reviels things to my wife and what i have said finally clicks and makes sence to her i cant do anything but pray.

Thanks for all the prayer support. I have seen a God answer prayers this last month i have been praying for, for 7 years.

P.s. also please pray my wife would be comforrtable sharing about her past with our pastors wife, or a lady of the church , or this teacher/ relitive close by, as i think it would help her alot.

Pps. Since we moved a few states away this relitive only shows up once or twice a year so we have a few months to pray before the baby is born. Looking forward to our Lord answering prayer.

Wow, well, first, congratulations on the daughter! I am very happy for you. Second, it sounds like you have a difficult task in protecting your family without alienating your wife.

I don't know the situation, but do you think counseling would at all be an option? If she is unwilling to admit the problem exists in the first place, perhaps approach it as just going to talk to a counselor just to put your mind at ease that there really isn't a problem or danger?

Congratulations on the daughter. We'll keep your family in our prayers.

Congratulations on the daughter. Two of my daughters were targeted by an abuser from my side of the family. Look the threat in the eye and calmly tell him your suspicions and that he is never to be in your daughter's presence without you in the room. These abusers are almost always cowards and they will lol for the softest target. Remember if you resist the devil he will flee. God is the ultimate man so he loves boldness, initiative and risk taking as long as it done with judgement and humility. As men we're all capable of some pretty horrid depravities. My daughters were targeted by someone who was indistinguishable from me on paper.

Back