• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Weekly Meetings

DaPastor

Real Person
Would it be helpful for the husband and all wives to have a weekly "leadership meeting" to discuss problems, solutions, and direction for the family?

My wife and I already agreed that this would have to be a nessecity when we Go plural. Secrets and hurt feeling just cause more problems then is nessary.

I thought I would add that research suggests that a weekly meeting helps maintain healthy relationships in marriages. Most do not realize how busyness slowly erodes closeness. I recently read that the average couple spends 27 minutes a week talking to each other. If plural marriage is about family and relationships, then perhaps we should make the main thing the main thing - what say you?

I've never been married before, but I feel as though this would be a great idea. Seems like it would definately help promote one-ness within the family. Anyone have personal experience related to this?

Back