• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Welcome to the new forum

FollowingHim

Administrator
Staff member
Real Person
Male
If you can see this, you've managed to navigate the new website and find the new forum, welcome! You should find the new software a considerable improvement on the old forum, although no doubt there will be a few wee problems we have to resolve.

You can now:
  • Easily embed images and even videos into forum posts
  • Have a private message "conversation" with one or multiple people, and it will behave similarly to instant messages on Facebook.
  • Edit your own "wall" on your own profile page, to tell us more about yourself - and write on other people's "walls"
  • Format posts like this, with bullet points etc, a lot easier than in the old site
And many other things. Dig around and find out how it all works!

If you see any issues, please post them in this part of the forum.

Mobile access: The old forum displayed very poorly on mobile browsers. This new forum has a great mobile version, try it out! Tapatalk access is replaced by direct mobile browser access - the XenForo software in use was designed for responsive mobile and tablet usage. Just bookmark it for one-click access on your device.

If you have any difficulties logging in to the forum, send an email to samuel [at] biblicalfamilies.org

Make sure you check out all the articles in the dropdown menus on the new website home page!

Last edited by a moderator:
Huge props to Samuel and Nathan for getting this cool new forum software set up!

Note: You can also now "like" posts, which I personally think is pretty cool.

You can choose your own theme/look for the forum: look below for "Default XenForo" - click on it to choose one of 7 styles currently installed. We can add more later. I kinda like "Flexile".

You can choose your own theme/look for the forum: look below for "Default XenForo" - click on it to choose one of 7 styles currently installed. We can add more later. I kinda like "Flexile".
Ok, that took me forever to find because mine was automatically set to Flat Awesome. It's bottom left, and assuming everyone has a different option it could say:
Cloud
Flat Awesome
Social
Xenpress
Default XenForo
Flexile
XendisConnect
Have fun playing! I think I like Flat Awesome the best anyway :)

Looks great!

Thanks to all involved in the upgrade! Everything looks very nice!

Since 2 days ago when logging in, it keeps showing there are 330 new posts. Is this going to ever disappear? It wasn't there initially when signing in the first time...

Most posts are considered unread when you first log in to the new website, you have to click "Mark Forums Read" to clear this.
The reason this didn't display at first, and is now displaying, is that the little red square displaying a count of unread posts didn't exist at first, and was only installed two days ago - when it appeared for you. Once you click "Mark Forums Read" this feature will become useful rather than annoying!

Back