• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

West Coast Retreat 2012

Diener

Real Person
So Julie teased me with the idea that there would be a West Coast Retreat.

I was wondering if we can submit suggestions on the place?? I would love to have one at Lake Tahoe!! :D

Diener said:
So Julie teased me with the idea that there would be a West Coast Retreat.

I was wondering if we can submit suggestions on the place?? I would love to have one at Lake Tahoe!! :D

Lake Tahoe sounds a lot better than Sacramento! ;)

proposing two alternatives..... San Diego or Los Angeles..... prolly could get cheaper flights and get a bit of sightseeing thrown in before or after the Retreat :lol: :lol:

blugrniz4u said:
proposing two alternatives..... San Diego or Los Angeles..... prolly could get cheaper flights and get a bit of sightseeing thrown in before or after the Retreat :lol: :lol:

Good idea!
Lake Tahoe is pricey! Los Angeles would be my pick but San Diego is nice, too. They are both easy to get to, as well.

Vegas and Reno are typically cheaper. Certainly not as pretty as Tahoe. LA is REALLY spendy.....

Diener, can't wait to meet ya!!

alit53 said:
LA is REALLY spendy.....

Depends on what part of the county you're in. I grew up there and there are deals to be had :) There is also a lot to do there that is family friendly.

I'm definitely newer to your online community and haven't had the opportunity to make as many aquaintences as I had hoped.... but hey - Patience Is A Virtue and what's the hurry? Good things come to those who wait and our Heavenly Father is control of THAT! :D

I' so looking forward to attending to the Spring '12 Retreat - about 2 weeks now! I'm excited and looking forward to the fellowship, meeting people and making new friends who are
like-minded.

As far as your West Coast Retreat... I'm familiar with all three places and they all have their own special attractions. LA is fairly LARGE with accommodating traffic BUT if the Retreat was set up so people weren't required to do much driving during that time -to it's workable. San Diego is not as big yet still offers beautiful ocean access. Tahoe, Tahoe, Tahoe....it's breath taking beautiful year-round and no place on Earth like it. There are incredible deals in all three locales depending on the time of year. Groups *always* come with perks.

I'd be ecstatic for a West Coast Retreat (since I'm a native Cali) and can't wait to hear when & where it's going to be. Most importantly, it's affording everyone the opportunity to get together and enjoy another opportunity to enjoy the fellowship of friends & family!

Lake Tahoe is expensive (45 min from me, I'm in Reno) and Reno has really cheap hotels since it's mini Vegas without the Vegas feel. I think Oregon would be amazing! Portland is usually really affordable to fly into.

livenotyesterday said:
I think Oregon would be amazing! Portland is usually really affordable to fly into.

Second that one. Lots of beauty there, too, and not too expensive.

I got a few connections in San Diego. Ok, I used to have a few connections in SD. :lol:

So is there going to be a West Coast retreat? Or is this still in the planning phase?

Back