• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

West Coast Retreat 2019

WifeOfHisYouth

Seasoned Member
Real Person
Female
I cannot even express how much we enjoyed getting to know so many new people this weekend. It was a wonderful weekend filled with encouragement, laughter and growth. Thank you @nathan, @julieb and family for organizing this and allowing us to meet your sweet family.

Those that attended, what was one of your favorite parts?

I personally enjoyed the laughter shared as we all viewed the memes thread :D and the sweet fellowship.

We finally had a west coast retreat! I was so blessed to meet so many new families. A big "Thank you" to all that were able to come. I personally enjoyed meeting just with the ladies. You all encourage and inspire me! Second favorite, lunch at the Mongolian Grill. What a fun time!

We were so blessed to meet all of the wonderful folks who made it! I really enjoyed worshiping together as family... biblical family :rolleyes:
I think literally everyone there encouraged and ministered to me, by something they said, at some point, over the course of the weekend.

@nathan God is using you and your family to bless His people and bring good change in their lives. From the bottom of my heart, thank you :)

My favorite part was Sunday morning when we prayed over all the families.

Even when I couldn't be part of the service because of my 9-month-old and almost 2-year-old needing attention, I was welcomed and included. And even sought out by two of the woman to make sure I had time for fellowship. And many others helped with my kids so I could sit with my husband. Thank you all!

I am thrilled to have met families who are actually living PM lifestyle intentionally. And who are seeking Biblical truth as well.

I hope to meet up with others in this area again soon.

My favorite part was Sunday morning when we prayed over all the families.

Even when I couldn't be part of the service because of my 9-month-old and almost 2-year-old needing attention, I was welcomed and included. And even sought out by two of the woman to make sure I had time for fellowship. And many others helped with my kids so I could sit with my husband. Thank you all!

I am thrilled to have met families who are actually living PM lifestyle intentionally. And who are seeking Biblical truth as well.

I hope to meet up with others in this area again soon.
Shalom and welcome.

We almost didn’t make it to this retreat! And I am SO glad that we did!

I loved the time spent with the other ladies. Gleaning from those more experienced is something I crave. Living this life isn’t something you can get advice on from just anyone. :)

@julieb , your family is such a joy to be around! Thank you to you and @nathan for putting this event together!

Meeting new people and seeing old friends again was such a blessing! Hope to see all of you again!

The whole weekend was WAY epic! This was evidenced by my crying like a baby girl on a couple occasions. And when I grow up I wanna be just like @Joleneakamama ’s massively studly buff awesome hubby! (The dude is a dadding champion!) :cool:

Thank you @julieb and @nathan for your love and warmth and incredible servant-hearted-ness!!!

My favorite parts of the retreat were, Joshua’s humor and his super hot sister! :D

P.S. Any Godly single ladies looking for a freaking bull stallion husband absolutely must chat with @Asforme&myhouse ... You can get the details of his awesome sauce from his gorgeous angelic wife @WifeOfHisYouth !!!

The whole weekend was WAY epic! This was evidenced by my crying like a baby girl on a couple occasions. And when I grow up I wanna be just like @Joleneakamama ’s massively studly buff awesome hubby! (The dude is a dadding champion!) :cool:

Thank you @julieb and @nathan for your love and warmth and incredible servant-hearted-ness!!!

My favorite parts of the retreat were, Joshua’s humor and his super hot sister! :D

P.S. Any Godly single ladies looking for a freaking bull stallion husband absolutely must chat with @Asforme&myhouse ... You can get the details of his awesome sauce from his gorgeous angelic wife @WifeOfHisYouth !!!
@rustywest4 you are hilarious. Hope you can make the summer retreat... I just want the comedy and fellowship with another on fire brother.

My wife and I are so looking forward to the Oklahoma retreat, and meeting a bunch of you. I know we won't get to meet some of you from the West Coast but there's always another time for us to go back West since that's where we are from. I know we are planning on being back West if I'm correct it's either March or May.

Thank you Rusty! (Quickly Googles, “what is a ‘bull stallion’” ...o_O) LOL!

A big DITTO to all the comments above. It was great to see old friends and fantastic to meet new ones! :) Since coming into this lifestyle and removing myself and my family from the American "church", fellowship opportunities are few and far between. Because of this, they are extra special and very meaningful to me and my family. The ladies, kids, and I all had a wonderful time!

To any thinking of attending a retreat but aren't quite sure...DO IT!!! This retreat was full of wonderful people, from many different backgrounds, experiences, and beliefs, but with something major in common...their love for God and their faith in Christ. It is such a blessing to spend some time with brothers and sisters in fellowship, worship, and prayer.

On a selfish note, and to those in this lifestyle, it's REALLY nice to be in a group of believers and to be accepted...to be able to be open and honest and not be shamed nor shunned.

We'll definitely be making every effort to attend again...near and far. :)

Last edited:
I'm finally getting to this thread to give high fives, dittos, and kudos to all everyone else has shared regarding the NW retreat! It truly was refreshing to be around so many new families and faces enjoying the idea of Biblical families. Almost everyone was new to me--that is until I figured out who they were on the forum. That's always such a fun part. We introduce ourselves, the name is not familiar, and then one of us says, "What's your handle on the forum?" Faces light up and immediately we know each other are! I love it!! I'm so glad I got to attend. I'm counting the days until the OK retreat. Sure hope some who attended the NW can also make the OK.

Back