• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

West Coast Retreat (April 20-22, 2018)

WifeOfHisYouth

Seasoned Member
Real Person
Female
This post and others following it were moved from this thread to their own.

Where are you at @Mojo?

Last edited by a moderator:
Where are you at @Mojo?
Simple answer...West of the Rockies.

Sorry, I'm deliberately vague on the public portion of the forums. I don't get specific outside of the private side or in private messages.

Interested in getting a group together?

So happy for y'all east of the Rockies. We in the West can't get enough interest in one, I guess.

My wifey and I really would love to make it to a retreat someday. We are in Washington state. We are interested very much so. I do however work A LOT, and it's difficult to get time off. Yet doable if we didn't have to travel too far.

Simple answer...West of the Rockies.

Sorry, I'm deliberately vague on the public portion of the forums. I don't get specific outside of the private side or in private messages.

Interested in getting a group together?
Understandable! @Asforme&myhouse and I are in Oregon, so we would love a west coast get together.

Hmmm, sounds like Northern Nevada would be a central location for the Westerners to retreat. I believe there was a Reno retreat before I knew of BF. Maybe another one is needed there. Maybe Lake Tahoe, or Carson City?

Any admins need help to make it happen?

Wow, Mojo before I finished reading your post, I was drafting the following in my head:

Hey, Mojo, would you be willing to follow up privately with these families that are out west (and any others you know of—you might want to open a thread re a west coast retreat and see who answers the call) and put together a list of names, who lives where, a first and second choice for a weekend, and a first and second choice for a city to meet in, and get me that information via PM or email? If we have four or five families that would pre-commit to a western retreat I'd bet we could pull it off!

I live in SoCal (south of LA). I can get the time off but it's the actual timing. I have quite a few things planned out the last half of the year. As far as location, Reno would my easy limit. @Mojo if you need any details, I can PM you.

... and thanks for volunteering. :p :D

Okay, let me get some things in order first. I've been on vacation and my mind has been preoccupied with getting myself back into swing after some time off. The discipline of work helps to get disciplined in extracurricular stuff ;)

In the meantime, just post some prime locations and weekends. Once I see some patterns, I will pm those interested to solidify specific locations/venues.

I vote Lake Tahoe
Weekend? Let me see what you all offer first. I'm thinking around October 14?? Weather should still be nice.

Tahoe would be awesome....

Unless y'all are going to be just getting together without any of us old guys, keep in mind we're committed to Texas for the third weekend in November, and there's a limit to how close we can have these together due to logistics. That's a very mild argument for maybe earlier Oct or even late Sept, but I'm going to be talking with Ron and Nathan today anyway and will discuss with them and report back.

That's not any kind of pushback at this point, more like a heads up. I'll know more later.

Got it. We might even push it until 2018. I'm game. Just need to make sure it isn't in conflict with any other activities.

Well, since 2018 was thrown out there, most of my first half of any year is pretty open. Once July hits, I'm swamped (and cash strapped) till January. But I could still get away for a weekender.

You mentioned October 14. Just checked the family schedule and surprisingly October is pretty open... cool.

I can pretty much say the same as NetWatchR.

Mid October might work if it was either the weekend of 13th & 14th or the weekend of 20th & 21st. Although it would be tough to pull off financially as I'm pretty strapped for cash after around June each year. These dates would only work because I already have it scheduled as vacation time from work. (For the record, it is extremely hard for me to get time off from work unless it's my pre-scheduled vacations. We are required to pencil in our vacation time for 2018 by the end of this year and it's tricky cuz everyone with more seniority gets their pick of desired dates first.) *I'm leaning towards something 2018 personally... Feb., March, April, May? :D

Oh, and I think Lake Tahoe would be cool beans... so does my Dove.

Okay, I will wait for a few more responses before getting it sorted out.

If it were the weekend of October 21st, y'all could celebrate my 30th birthday with me haha

@Asforme&myhouse and I could swing Tahoe we think. Early next year would probably work well for us as well.

If we do settle on Tahoe, we have to keep in mind that it is over 6k in elevation. Unless it's the height of summer, the nights can be cold and the chance of snow is always possible. It's a touristy destination, so roads should not be a problem. If you are traveling a good distance to get there, weather could be a factor. Keep the location and date suggestions coming. We will reach as much of a consensus as possible, then @andrew and I can hash out details.

...keep in mind that it is over 6k in elevation. Unless it's the height of summer, the nights can be cold and the chance of snow is always possible.
Challenge accepted.

Edit: this is also why i accept the challenge. Last time i was in the snow, Panda didn't like it and wallowed around on the ground.
Panda no like snow 2.jpg

Last edited:
Back