• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

West Coast Retreat (April 20-22, 2018)

California retreat dust-off, and request for input: Does anyone who is likely to attend have an opinion on this: if we were to move the retreat 2 weeks later (April 20-22), would that make it more likely, or less likely, that you could attend?
You can reply here, or PM me if you prefer.

Thanks, Nathan

(We have one California old-timer - who's not participating in the forum currently, who's asked if we could consider. He does taxes professionally, so pre-April 15 is right out.)

Makes no difference to me. I can adjust.

For our family, it's far enough away that it won't make any difference for us to change the date. :)

if we were to move the retreat 2 weeks later (April 20-22), would that make it more likely, or less likely, that you could attend?
Same. Still works.

Should work for us just fine

Renaming this thread might prevent some confusion. Maybe "West Coast Retreat, early 2018" instead of "West Coast Retreat (April 6-8, 2018 likely)".

Working on it, but California (location that's been chosen) is terribly expensive, so finding the right rates has been hard. Updates coming soon.

Updated the thread title to reflect the actual date. We are going to do this. I can't say with 100% certainty that I'm going to be there - now that my SF job is toast, but I hope to.

My wifey and I really would love to make it to a retreat someday. We are in Washington state. We are interested very much so. I do however work A LOT, and it's difficult to get time off. Yet doable if we didn't have to travel too far.
Hey, also live in Washington state. Many folks out here that believe in Plural Families out here?

Hey, also live in Washington state. Many folks out here that believe in Plural Families out here?

Just joined the site. Also in WA area. I think that having a regular group would be a wonderful way to support each other and help find places of worship that are accepting.

Also strongly considering this retreat, but I'm new and it's soon so I feel like I would be imposing.

Time will tell with both events and ultimately the Lord will guide our footsteps.

Also strongly considering this retreat, but I'm new and it's soon so I feel like I would be imposing
I don't think anyone will mind me speaking for everyone on this, but you wouldn't be imposing.

Just joined the site. Also in WA area. I think that having a regular group would be a wonderful way to support each other and help find places of worship that are accepting.

Also strongly considering this retreat, but I'm new and it's soon so I feel like I would be imposing.

Time will tell with both events and ultimately the Lord will guide our footsteps.

My advice is to jump in ASAP! I wont be able to be there due to other commitments and work, but I can say that it will not be an imposition and you’ll be so glad you went sooner than later. I came into contact with the forum just after the retreat in fall of 2016 and was so disappointed that we missed it. Ive been to three since then and thoroughly enjoyed each one. Really wishing I could make it to the one in Georgia, but those commitments are really tying me up!

Back