• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

We've been given 30 days notice

WomanSeekingGod

Hello everyone,

Today my grandmother, Millie, called us extremely upset with us. She claims that we have allowed a person, Harvey, onto her property to do some work (cut and bail hay, remove a bunch of scrap metal, and try to repair an old tractor) without her permission.

What really happened is that my grandfather, Dick, gave Harvey permission to do the work. In return Harvey was going to sell the scrap metal and give Grandpa the money, a little over $1,000. Harvey would be able to have the hay for his animals and the field up above would no longer be a fire hazard. Grandma cannot remember this and so is now blaming us for our errors.

Because she blames us she has given us 30 days notice to move out. We have put so much money into the land that we have absolutely nothing. We have no home to move to let alone gas money to get to one. She claims that we have not taken care of the property, though we have removed fallen trees, pruned a Filbert orchard, mowed two properties worth of yards, fixed up the Kitchen and pantry (that included renovating all the cupboards and painting both the celling and the walls of both rooms), painted the celling of the dinning room and entryway, repaired broken pipes, dug out rocks from the yard, and kept people off of the property who were not given permission.

Please pray for us. Either for God to change Grandma's heart and clear her mind, or for Him to provide us with a place to live.

I can't speak for John, but this is giving me doubts about all that I thought God has promised us. Time and time again we thought we heard God call us to this place. Now it feels as though that promise has been dangled in front of my face just to be taken away again. How can I be certain of anything any more? Am I so stupid and blinded that I'm not really hearing from God? Or am I sinning in some horrific way that this is His punishment? I feel as though I have been kicked while down just for the fun of it.

We will have to enter into welfare when we move. That means I will have to get a job and put my kids into public school. I don't mind the job part, but I am really opposed to putting my kids into public schools. Our schools here are terrible!

I thought things were working out so well for us too. John finally got his c-pap machine back just last night. That's something we've been praying for for months! He finally got a contract signed with the local golf course to work on their computers. We'd just found out that the property's value is a lot lower than what we were expecting, putting us in a great position to bid for the land we "thought" God was sending us to. Now, it's all going to be gone again. We're right back where we were six months ago (for those who don't know, six months ago we were evicted from our home for non-payment of rent. Grandma needed someone to take care of the place here at the same time and so we moved in), only worse, now we have even less money and absolutely no place to go.

Sorry if I'm being whinny and self-pitying... :cry: Just, please pray for us.

Thank you,
Onna

We prayed for you tonight!

WSG and John, I'm really bummed to hear this. The land is beautiful, and I know you are praying for the all the ways you'd like to use it to benefit others in the future. We'll pray for a breakthrough and change of heart yet. God does have good things for you guys in the future, I'm sure.

Nathan

Hello Everyone,

First, I want to thank you all for your support and prayers. As the days have been going by the sting has been getting a little better. I've cried to the Lord many many times the past couple of days, I even dumped my woes onto a co-volunteer who I barely know! God is good, though. He is always good!

He gave me a verse that has helped lift my spirits and given me some hope yet.

"But, beloved, we are confident of better things concerning you, yes, things that accompany salvation, though we speak in this manner. For God is not unjust to forget your work and labor of love which you have shown toward His name, in that you have ministered to the saints, and do minister. And we desire that each one of you show the same diligence to the full assurance of hope until the end, that you do not become sluggish, but imitate those who through faith and patience inherit the promises." Hebrews 6:9-12 NKJV

This verse told me that He's providing a way for us to be saved from disaster, that He is not unjust and hasn't forgotten our desires to help others, and that He hasn't forgotten His promise to us. If we can just be still and have faith and patience He will give us our promise.

I called my Alaska parents, for some sympathy, and they told us to have heart, pray, pray, pray, and pray some more, and then send Grandma our proposal for the land anyway. So, that's what we are going to do. We are asking everyone we know to please pray for/with us and if God so leads you to write a letter of support for us. We want to be able to show Grandma that this promise God has given us isn't for our glory, but for His. We want to show her that we are not alone in this adventure, but that we have our Christian brothers and sisters supporting us too.

So, that's where we are today. I don't know where God is going to send us, but I do know that He has given John and I a promise. We are going to be faithful, and trust Him to put it together just the right way, even if that means we don't live here for a little while.

Again, thank you all so much for your support and prayers!

Onna

Back