• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

What blessings await?

So, I was contemplating the monogamy-only lie, and the amount of devastation it causes in the form of pain for women, men, families. I was considering the primary and secondary societal problem it causes. And I was considering the perpetrator. Our enemy, father of lies who comes to steal, kill, and destroy.
His lies are meant to rob us of blessing, destroy the good the Father would bring into our lives, etc.
Thus, with the vehement way he has attacked the institution of Biblical Polygamy and Patriarchy, especially concerning the torturous pain women suffer, I can only assume he is trying to hide some pretty awesome blessings.
That being said, are there any women who have worked through the lie and found the blessings the enemy was trying to rob you of to be 'totally worth it'?
Men are welcome to comment also, but I'd really like to hear from the ladies on this one. Basically, this is a present suffering versus glory which shall be revealed kind of question.
Thanks

You are very correct in your perception that the enemy fights this truth extremely strongly.
He fears anything that threatens his kingdom and power.
I greatly doubt that he would throw this kind of energy at us just to keep a blessing from us.

And no, I don't see this principle. It is not about us, it is about YHWH's kingdom.
I attempted to discuss this in the thread "Becoming "one"", but it didn't go well.

I will add, though, that living a lifestyle of Poly forces a person into embracing personal growth like nothing I have ever seen.
Few have been able to thrive in it.

Perhaps your idea of blessing is different than mine, but I find every godly institution and law brings blessing. Shabbat brings the blessings of rest and refreshment, building a parapet on one's roof brings a blessing that you are less likely to have blood guilt one your house if someone falls off.
I count building His kingdom and experiencing personal growth to both be profound blessings.
Perhaps I worded it in a way that didn't quite come across right, but I have found that every one of God''s thlruths bring rightness to the world, even if the road is hard and bloody, but every one of the enemy''s lies

I understand what you are saying, it just makes me uncomfortable to frame it in "blessings".
We already have too much Purpose Driven Gospel, where it is all about the benefits.

Ultimately, the greatest blessings that we get for laying down our lives and picking up our crosses are the rewards that we will receive in heaven.

You are correct in that; that is the greatest blessing. That's why I don't count my usage of the word to be inaccurate, but I understand your hesitation due to the recent abuse of the term. That last post of mine got posted before I had a chance to finish it... bloody smartphone. Now I can't remember how I was going to end it, but the main idea is present.
I don't believe people should enter Biblical Polygamy with a mindset of 'what can I get out of this', but I do believe there must be great good in the institution if our enemy hates it so.

It has been said to me the Israelites multiplied so fast in Egypt because they were poly.

My point I'd like to make is descendants . If godly/God fearing, are a force to recon with.

Look at this common family math from America's early turn of the 18th century.

1 man 1 woman = 18-20 children

20 children Marry = 20 grand children each.

! By 2nd generation 400 descendants !

Now ad a wife or 2 or 3!?

400/800/1200/1600 in just 40 years

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Back