• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

What can I expect from a sister wife?

Not that my husband is looking to marry his second wife just yet though he has his eye open. I'm curious what my relationship to my sister wife would look like? I understand its subjective but there has to be some main idea.

I like to think she would be just that, a sister, someone I can confide in and giggle over our husband about. In my mind we're coworkers, using our strengths and supporting our weaknesses to take care of our husband's home.

I wouldn't really have romantic feelings towards her but I'm a fairly physically affectionate person so hugging, cuddling on the couch together, kiss on the cheek/forehead doesn't feel strange to me.

The idea of having direct female support through motherhood and marriage, someone to bounce ideas off of, to help serve my husband and home is just such a blessing. Its such a difficult thing to find a woman with the same level of dedication to God and marriage and the concept of polygamous marriage.

I’ve told my wife, my desire would be for her to be best friends with wife 2, if it were to happen. Working completely together to help take care of the home with no jealousy. The word coworker is a good description. Equals but each bringing their own strengths to the home.

Last edited:
I have heard the best way to overcome feeling jealous over his second wife is being true friends with her. I have never been a sister wife but I would expect it to be a supportive and loving relation where I feel welcomed and validated. I really wish to share our efforts to make his life easier (cook, clean and assist him), satisfy his physical needs and childbearing his children and truly be helpers with each other on our primary goal of making him happy in obedience to God.

I found it validating to have another lovely intelligent woman choose the good man I said yes to. I do feel she is a friend, but closer then any friend I ever had! She is trusted, and there is also the commitment factor that makes accepting her and building a relationship easier and more worthwhile.
I love seeing her loved and happy! She's a sweet mama and treats our children like her own. I like knowing when the children are grown and gone I will still have a friend to enjoy the grandkids with.....though she's a young stepmom and kind of step grandma?? already.
Large family dynamics means her baby daughter was an auntie before she was born!

All the children are loved and cared for by all of us. Older siblings help too.
Anyone watching us ladies prep a meal would just see cooperation. I wish my sisters in law could get past their aversion. The irony is one told us years ago she needed a maid servant....but did she realize they often married either the master of the house or his son? Prolly not eh? Lol
The other upside is seeing a happy hubby....and now daddy again. But just seeing the sweet looks they have for each other....and the smiles on those loved faces.....makes this a life I would choose again....and again.

I found it validating to have another lovely intelligent woman choose the good man I said yes to. I do feel she is a friend, but closer then any friend I ever had! She is trusted, and there is also the commitment factor that makes accepting her and building a relationship easier and more worthwhile.
I love seeing her loved and happy! She's a sweet mama and treats our children like her own. I like knowing when the children are grown and gone I will still have a friend to enjoy the grandkids with.....though she's a young stepmom and kind of step grandma?? already.
Large family dynamics means her baby daughter was an auntie before she was born!

All the children are loved and cared for by all of us. Older siblings help too.
Anyone watching us ladies prep a meal would just see cooperation. I wish my sisters in law could get past their aversion. The irony is one told us years ago she needed a maid servant....but did she realize they often married either the master of the house or his son? Prolly not eh? Lol
The other upside is seeing a happy hubby....and now daddy again. But just seeing the sweet looks they have for each other....and the smiles on those loved faces.....makes this a life I would choose again....and again.
Wow , I would go mad jealous only for this: .. I hope God make me overcome my emotions and be like you someday
But just seeing the sweet looks they have for each other....and the smiles on those loved faces...

Back